World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All Yakkerfishers,
Just wanted to ask what options I have for a kayak trolley really, all new to this but loving it! Will be fishing and spearfishing off my kayak. Based in Pembroshire if anyone wants to meet up.All the best.

·
Registered
686 Posts
C-tug .. folds in bits so you can store it in the front hatch... straps can be a little difficult ... I always had a problem pulling it up the beach .. the yack just never seamed to stay on ... but others said they got on with it fine...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Anything with big balloon tyres if you are going over sand but ensure that you can get it in the kayak or you will be doubling the trips to your car and back.
Don't use scupper type trolleys unless your scuppers are reinforced

·
Registered
91 Posts
The C-tug is a good trolley but not on the big game as the hull shape doesn't suit the hull despite what people might say about the c-tug addapts to the hull, on a big game it runs loose all the time.

If that is the route you take because of lack of alternative, then one trick that works is to fix an 'A' shaped strap that goes from each side of the c-tug to the bow of the kayak and with the normal tie strap in place as well, it will not fall off / come loose which is the norm on big games.

I did buy another trolley from Pyranha Kayaks based in Lancs but so sorry I cannot remember the name of the trolley but it works on the big game to perfection so well worth contacting them. One of the big advantages is that once the trolley is set fo the kayak hull, it can be locked to that shape with the big blue clip shown in one of the photos which is in the centre of the trolley.
In my humble opinion these are vastly superior to the C-Tug.

Hope that helps a little.
Phil

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Looks like the centre section will dig into the beach unless the beach is snooker table flat.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like the centre section will dig into the beach unless the beach is snooker table flat.

I take your point Malks and a very fair point however the photo shows the kayak sat on the trolley but the strap is not fastened up. When the strap is pulled tight in it's normal position, the centre lifts right up to the hull keeping the angle of the support pads in perfect contact and the trolley is well off the ground and although it is some years ago when I had both the BG and this trolley, I seem to think it was higher than the C-Tug to the point that I never used the C-Tug again on any kayak that followed the BG.
Sorry I should have explained that.

Phil

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I can get the wheels in the front hatch of my kayak, but not the frame, I don't know about yours. I'm only 200-300m away from the car so I just walk back and put them in the boot
One launch site has a car park with sharp gravel and I have not had a puncture yet, however the tyres are very low pressure, 3-4psi, so unlikely to be a problem. I have another cart with smaller harder tyres and there is no way I could repair the inner tube due to the hub, but the hubs on these are bolted together so I presume I could easily repair it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The wheels used are the ones from the USA, I believe, called wheeleez ,which run on very very low pressure so extremely difficult to get a punchure and at £90 from Galaxy that is a cracking price because the wheeleez are £60 each for the genuine ones. I am guessing these are copies but if they work, who cares, nice find.

Not sure who the importer is for Feel Free Kayaks now but if you want the Camel, contact the Importer.

Phil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts