World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of those trip you either want to keep or forget .It's all started reasonably well and with a strong easterly wind cutting through the country I decided to head West . 5 kayaks out for a memorable kayak Monday . Myself and Dan made our way car sharing ,2 yaks on the roof rack . Dan was driving so I could relish the scenery .We arrived on the pristine beach and straight went to sleep .Driving the night before saves us a lot of time and we are ready next morning to go for the all adventure ahead .Chris arrived in the morning followed by David and a bit later Ian stuck in the city traffic . We paddled to the big buoy right out there in the distance .The wind in this part of the world was just beginning ,a good easterly cutting through the sea creating many little white horses .We sheltered behind the Big buoy and started fishing ,Small sabiki for the baits and different species and boat rod and wire trace for the bigger stuff . Nothing really happened for a length of time ,the tide was receding and we were just happy to bob about .David then had a proper fish on ,a really good size spurdog .He managed to pull it next to the kayak then the fish decided to cut his line and unfortunately good bye. Chris then managed to land a small spurdog around the 4lb ,a really light coloured fish . Then we moved on for a better spot , the wind at that time was gathering pace but we were still paddling about in the big sea .Good time for a little video ,I started filming 2 of my fellow friends kayakers and then out of the blue in the corner of my eye David suddenly capsized .At this time I though about a silly schoolboy error but viewing the video later I noticed my friends rods making contact and with some good swell about sending David in the drink . I stopped filming and rally to him ,by that time his yak was upright and David was easily climbing back on it . David then decided to call it a day and returned to the beach .We carried on trying next for the pollack .We had to paddle a good distance against wind and tides then drifted back using our drogues ,soft lure action but nothing really happened .The sun shined all day and eventually we made our way back to the shore ,packed our salty gears and headed back home .Later on that day we tried to understand why David fell in , a slight rod contact between the 2 kayakers and that was enough to create a bad situation .No pride was lost on the day ,a few tackle piece (anything that did not float or leashed on the yak ) ,all the weights and David lunch as well .Till the next trip ,tight lines all .Nicolas

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great report and pics Nicolas, hope David is ok after his capsize, look forward to next edition of your day out.
Tight lines, Nic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts