World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kayak wilderness at its best ..
Gerry ,Stuey and myself organised a night trip kayak fishing on Loch Etive..The weather was perfect ,blue sky and not a touch of wind..After a 2 hours drive we meet up at Taynuilt ..The scene was superb .mountains for background and perfect stillness on the Loch ..We set up as the sun was going down sailing away in beautiful surrounding ..Stuey ,the captain for this trip took us to some marks ..A good mile paddle and we tided on to some buoys .It was not long till we hit some fish ..the spur dogs were at it ..every drops brought a fish ,sometime 2 .The night was dark ,the stars illuminating the sky and and those shooting stars ,awesome .we fished a good 4 hours ,not many big fish but a great number .Later on we paddle to the cars and rested a few hours .5 bells and we set up again ,this time Stuey and myself .The light drizzle reminded us we were in scotland..slowly we were hitting more fish ,Stuey pulled up this big pollock from the deep..I trully thought this fish was about to explode ..We paddle to many spots ,the fish were never the same ..spurdogs,cod ,pollock gurnard ,poor cod ,whitting dogfish seatrout coalfish and even a ray later on.We must Have caught over 50 fish..A couple were keeped for good eating..What a fantastic place and a great adventure ..Kayak fishing at it best..good friends,learning platform and a great outing .Fantastic..thank you Gerry ,thank you stuey ,we shall meet again in Scottish wilderness ..nicolas valentin

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for the report. Keep meaning to get the Yak out and have a trip up scotland... need to do it very soon!!!

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
2,909 Posts
Great report Nicolas and your pictures are excellent

Paul

·
Specimen Hunter
3,291 Posts
cracking photo's there, i love going up to etive, beautiful place andgreat to fish :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great photo's and report . . . keep it up !

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Just bought Yaksters (Dave's) prowler 13 Nicolas so I will be venturing over to etive early in the new year. Love it from the shore, can't wait to try it from my yak.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Just bought Yaksters (Dave's) prowler 13 Nicolas so I will be venturing over to etive early in the new year. Love it from the shore, can't wait to try it from my yak.
hope I am invited skinky lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts