World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a couple of hours over HT yesterday between the Heugh and Steetly in the yak and never had a knock.
Lots of bait fish in the top layers showing on the sounder but very little on the bottom. There was the odd school of fish but by the time I had dropped a line over I was past them and only drifting at 0.4mph. Water was very clear and could see the bottom at 10ft. Odd few fish over the rough ground but deeper out over the sand it was a desert.
Hope I have better luck at the races on Saturday at the Northumberland Plate.

Bad days fishing still better than a good days work though.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Odd few fish over the rough ground but deeper out over the sand it was a desert
I've never had much over sand myself. We fished north of the Tyne last week well within a mile of the shore and had plenty of small codling and a few pollock along with lots of mackerel showing on the sounder.
Fish were in shoals and of the 6 or 7 we kept they had been feeding well on squats and one had two dabs inside it.

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
They were definately in the bay yesterday after noon. I sat and watched bait balls getting hit between middleton and the heugh for an hour and they were still there when i left. The bait balls were shifting location fast as the birds followed then so getting chaced. Lots of gannets among the birds hammering them. I was certain thet they would be caught on middleton as they kept getting closer and there was 3 guys on there.

·
Registered
century tip tornado sport. greys apollo mk3. 2 penn fathon 15 reels. 1 penn battle with braid. daiw
617 Posts
few on roker pier early doors this morning with feathers after the old mackie, fished there last friday no mackie apart from a rockling and a small flattie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts