World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know of a local productive maddie mark where i dug a few yesterday morning there were loads about and not a bad size as maddies go.

has anyone got any info on keeping these little blighters alive for a few days between sesh's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi mate,
find local peat usually ovally log shaped, dry this in the airing cupboard for a few days(got to be completely dry.
then crumble into the worms and keep in cold dry spot
i put them in a shallow tray lined with newspaper.then dry peat crumbled in.
hope that helps

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers lads not to technical

·
Registered
170 Posts
i know of a local productive maddie mark where i dug a few yesterday morning there were loads about and not a bad size as maddies go.

has anyone got any info on keeping these little blighters alive for a few days between sesh's.
Go down to your local garden centre and get a bag of organic peat (it has to be organic), soak the required amount in sea water and squeeze out the excess put into a tray and cover the worms, if you have a fridge keep them at a constant temp 5deg.
if you follow these steps they should last for ages with little care.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Go down to your local garden centre and get a bag of organic peat (it has to be organic), soak the required amount in sea water and squeeze out the excess put into a tray and cover the worms, if you have a fridge keep them at a constant temp 5deg.
if you follow these steps they should last for ages with little care.
there was a big write up in a magazine where he has a fridge and some trays with circulating water and drip trays, LOOKS technical, but really easy when broken down!

He keeps them for MONTHS at a time by all accounts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts