World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cool box with 2 holes init 2 air pumps but it is to noisey and the pumps are starting to rust so i give a bell to alot of tackle shops to see if if they got 12 volt quiet pumps no luck so i phoned a tropical fish shop and he was a fisherman he informed me the best way was to put cold packs and wet towels in a cool box an put the sand ells in layer upon layer and place the towels betwen them he sai d they stay alive all day i am going to buy a 12 volt cool box and not have to use the cool packs i will let you know how it gos i have not got a lot of deck room so i do not want to fit a tank

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i catch them on shrimp rigs out of mallford haven but you can bye them for 8 pound for a lb at rogers tackle in swansea

·
Registered
413 Posts
Taff2,
I used to use a polystyrene box from a fishmongers. Get flat freezer packs from a camping shop, enough to cover all of the bottom of the box, ontop of this place a layer of about six to eight sheets of newspaper soaked in saltwater, this keeps the eels cold but not in direct contact with the ice blocks, place the eels on top and cover with one or two sheets of dampened newspaper. keep the box out of the sun and they should be ok allday. I personally would not layer them as you mentioned, I would imagine the lower layers would die very quikely.
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did say that the bottom ones will be dead but this chap said no so i will give it a go and see how meney i can get in and i did bye a 12 volt coolbox today i hope that it will work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts