World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,my first post on this forum. I contacted matchman re casting lessons but unfortuantly he is rather crock at the moment.He sugested I attend the meet today,where I could probably fnd some help.Unfortuantly,I could not make it today,so would like to know when the next meet is and also where it is,and what the procedure is?
Thanks in advance for any info given.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Just turn up at the field with a rod and reel and give it a go mate. Try to use hi viz mainline if possible and a decent hi viz shockleader. There's plenty of advice on offer if you want it, and its a good excuse to get away from the missus on a sunday.

Kent casting events are not as serious as you would imagine, just a bunch of fisherman stood in a field having a few laughs and a bit of competition - I cracked off a decent cast today because someone decided to blow a vuvuzela when i was at the top of my inswing and put me right off :roll1: I don't want to name names or owt but that Mark Jakins should stay in his own county on sundays from now on. :nonono: :)

Forgot to mention that its on twice a month

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi all,my first post on this forum. I contacted matchman re casting lessons but unfortuantly he is rather crock at the moment.He sugested I attend the meet today,where I could probably fnd some help.Unfortuantly,I could not make it today,so would like to know when the next meet is and also where it is,and what the procedure is?
Thanks in advance for any info given.
like steve said turn up with your rod and reel and give it a blast, i am pretty new to it aswell but after going few times am learning all the time, its nice to see the boys who do it very well no crack offs and very smooth actions, like steve swan for example.lol:crazy:

·
Registered
324 Posts
mags.? oh that must be that twisty thing on the side of my reel will give it a go next time, cheers for your advise mite give me few exta yards, or just turn up with fixed spool that should suit me.:victory:
Your still crack off with a f/s. Get a roach pole, You still managed to kick my ass sunday, i recon you meashure your crack offs.:sneaky2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts