World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at possibilities for a hoilday to Kenya. There is plenty of info on the boats, but I am also interested in shore fishing with a beachcaster and spinning gear.
I hear it can be dodgy on the beaches at night, but I would pay for some security.

Any info about catches, baits and tackle would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I am looking at possibilities for a hoilday to Kenya. There is plenty of info on the boats, but I am also interested in shore fishing with a beachcaster and spinning gear.
I hear it can be dodgy on the beaches at night, but I would pay for some security.

Any info about catches, baits and tackle would be greatly appreciated.
a huge chunk of the kenyan coast is a designated marine reserve and there is no shore fishing allowed, but, we did it at watamu and no-one bothered us apart from the local beach dudes trying it on as usual.

we hooked what were probably trevally of some kind, but it's hard to see them when they've ripped 200 yards off your reels and stuck you in the reef :fishing:

there are people there to stop you fishing though, but they are probably spread out thinly.

north of malindi there is a place called MAMBRUI, it has a long sandy beach much like namibia, i was talking to a guy who fished there a couple of years ago and claimed it was fantastic, though he didn't actually manage to land a fish and was bust off repeatedly by either sharks, big GT's or stingrays, he didn't know because like me he never saw what they were.

i think the doors open for someone to exploit the shore fishing in this area, but who??

it's all boat orientated:g:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, most of the coast is a marine reserve and I think this should be respected. However banana boats can be hired out cheap and the gilly will take you to the edge of the reefs, spin there and you will pick up a large variety of fish, barracuda, travalli, small dorado and so forth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts