World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the low tides on Monday we went to collect razor. Got a shot of a track barrow and a big halogen light from ma work. Off we set, ten minutes in and we had about 20. Then we seen 2 lights comin towards us just thought is was someone else getting bait but couldn't believe it when we seen it was the police. They told us it was illegal to take anything from the beach between Kinghorn and Burntisland docks:uhuh: We've bein doin this for 4 years and never been stopped before and seen loads of others 2. Does anyone know if this is a new thing or have we just not been caught before and were can we get razor now:g:. Please help

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
its a load of rubbish police cant do anything had this problem last year wife rang up council and enviroment etc and theres nothing police can do

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
If you're taking razor or any other bait for personal use, then they can't do eff all m8.
There is a ban for commercial bait collecting tho'.
There was the same carry-on last year & i think it was Epoch that got a letter from the local councilor who clarified this issue & posted it on here for everyone to print off.
Try a search within the site for bait digging ban at Burntisland.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Contact Jim Moodie lead officer beaches etc , 01592-413514.
We really need to get clarification on this once ,and for all , obviously the police are acting according to what they have been told the law is.

·
Registered
187 Posts
you would think they would have better things to do with there time. i think i would have told them where to go or prove to me this law exists. is there not some kind of beach combing law in Scotland or even brittain and any thing that washes up on the shore you can take. remember the container in england few months back people taking brand new bikes ect police all over the place but could not do diddly squat because of this law or is it there is no law on it its something like that any way lol

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The :busted_co :busted_co maybe wanted to get stuck into each other as i have heard people talking about bent cops:lmao:.
It would fit the twits better to do some real work

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
and what would a printed copy do hmmm think the police would just laff
like deepsix put ring jim moody my wife spoke to him last year after this and he knew nothing about it what so ever

REMEMBER ***
if you get arrested you get 1 phone call
that will be can my wife come and collect my bait from the cells please ..........hahahahah

·
Registered
686 Posts
Aye, those Peelers would cause me to lose my rag if they tried to bend my lug.

Don't let them mussel you from the beach - be razor sharp, tell them your hard of herring and don't rise to the bait .

G

·
0 Posts
Aye, those Peelers would cause me to lose my rag if they tried to bend my lug.

Don't let them mussel you from the beach - be razor sharp, tell them your hard of herring and don't rise to the bait .
:clap3: :clap3: :notworthy :clap3:

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
reckon they were skiving off work not wanting to do any real police work,so went for a stroll on the beach instead.when they met you they had to make an excuse up quick.bet whilst they were there somebody was being burgled,chavs intimidating people,drunks fighting,drunk drivers,joyriders,but hey,it's a hard life being a police officer and you got to do which you think is the most important.still today they'll probably have a hard day issueing speeding fines:blink: :uhuh:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
and what would a printed copy do hmmm think the police would just laff
like deepsix put ring jim moody my wife spoke to him last year after this and he knew nothing about it what so ever

REMEMBER ***
if you get arrested you get 1 phone call
that will be can my wife come and collect my bait from the cells please ..........hahahahah

A printed copy will give them the info they should already know.
Arrested ?? I'd like to see them make that one stick Ade, cos they'd get shot to bits in court.
There is always compensation for the stress caused through wrongfull arrest :g:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
as far as i can see there is nowt the police can do to remove you from burntisland kinghorn beaches while collecting razors or lug etc, as long as its only for self use only.

i recently spoke too the Scottish National Heritage and they re assured me that its ok for myself and my son too collect them at that area,

the police are putting a stop too commercial baiters in that area, not locals or anyone collecting some for bait.

im sure the police can put a stop too anyone taking a wheelbarrow's full away,
as they may think its beyond personal use.

but until some form off solid guidelines are in place i cant really see what can be done.

if i was collecting bait with my son an they told me too go or be prosecuted i would continue too collect them as im a stubborn sh1t and until they cuffed me i would stay lol.

im sure i will find out soon enough lol.

But please let me know as soon as the guidelines are in place :)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
HI guys
I seem to have got away with this one again. perhaps its a night thing and they dont like bright lights down the beach.
seriously though this nonsense is making me nervous everytime i dig bait. We deffo have to get this sorted once and for all.
Collecting bait is all part of the fun of sea angling,so what fun is there looking over the shoulder every 2 mins.
It would have to be a couple of sas guys to drag me off the beach, thats for sure.
:uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Seriously, if it has come to this it's pretty poor - granted if someone sells their bait on on, then that's questionable.

However a few local lads 'reaping the harvest' at low spring tide - what's the harm ???

"Diggin' bait over low tide

I fought the law and the law won
I needed razor'cause I had none
I fought the law and the law won "

1 - 20 of 30 Posts