World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tend to find Kidwelly quay a difficult spot and usually use bait but cycled down tonight to do some light spinning as the tide was coming in. Started at 8:20pm at the foot of the furthest quay wall and high tide was expected around 10:30pm. Managed to catch a nice schoolie which was a nice fight on a small cheap rod. Was a quick hour session as the tide came in. Seen a lot of mullet there lately too.

First fish since lockdown, caught and released!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,444 Posts
Years ago I used to dig loads of maddies there and caught some really good size flounder . Could be a bit tricky with the soft mud and we certainly got dirty. I know there is a guy on this forum who used to fish it regularly using peeler crab and caught some really good size bass. One of those marks that you really need to spend plenty of time looking at during various states of the tide . Always thought it would be a good place to launch a kayak and lure fish all the channels etc.
Good luck and look forward to seeing some more catch reports from you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Years ago I used to dig loads of maddies there and caught some really good size flounder . Could be a bit tricky with the soft mud and we certainly got dirty. I know there is a guy on this forum who used to fish it regularly using peeler crab and caught some really good size bass. One of those marks that you really need to spend plenty of time looking at during various states of the tide . Always thought it would be a good place to launch a kayak and lure fish all the channels etc.
I have years of some big fish occasionally. Ideal spot for me given the lockdown so fingers crossed but happy catching anything there atm cheers

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cracking spot down there, had my pb bass there last April 8lb 10oz,and I know of a double caught there. first run is best down there, and my preferred time is first light. Nice spot and a chance of a nice fish

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cracking spot down there, had my pb bass there last April 8lb 10oz,and I know of a double caught there. first run is best down there, and my preferred time is first light. Nice spot and a chance of a nice fish
Il give first light a go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts