World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday me,dad and doyt went to killantringan lighthouse from 5ish (sorry for being late:unsure: )

we took a long walk and within minutes dad was puffing for air.His exuse was the weight of his rucsack was tiring him out (but we know better don't we)

i thought this was a place that was too steep for fishing and that we had been here before which it turned out not to be and infact quite a gentle scramble down the rocks.Dad called me a mountain goat because i scrambled down fast and with ease.:wheelchai <- Dad

To me at the start i din't understand the layout of the mark and was curouis and wanted to explore.:g:
we set up and me and dad went round the side to a gulley and dropped some lug/rag down for some wrasse.Nothing was biting so we moved round and we then set up our tri-pods and got out each two rods.
me checking dads rods

doyt looking hopefully at his rods

no bites until it got dark and the first sea animal caught was a starfish by me

debate followed if it was a fish and would it count on my species list.The grumpy old men said no :schmoll:

finally the first fish was caught by me (on dads rod while he got my rig n line out of a snag) and this one would count no matter what.

then doyt caught a 2.2lb dogfish and dad took a photo of me holding it.It was a fine fish and the biggest doggie doyt had caught in a while.

then doyt caught another doggie which we didn't photo or weigh.

eventually dad finally managed a fish and you guessed it, it was a doggie.

throughout the night we caught doggies only and the final score was

Doyt=7 me=4 dad=1

we packed up around 11:00pm and left taking care on the rocks and on the hill i was so tired i fell to the ground twice.Once we reached the cars we said goodbye for now and drove to home for a shower and sleep:sleeping: .

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Top report littletack4 nice to see your still giving your dad a good run for his money. Nice pics too.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
aye it was a good session and he lasted well

couple of pics to prove doyt and i did actually handle fish that we caught

both needed lightlevels adjusted

davey(doyt) returning his big doggie

and me finally getting a fish

posssibly back on monday for another session this time with tommy1963

p.s.re pics been banned taking my canon digi slr anymore after it was found by kyle's mum smelling of fish

so had to eaby another fishing camera after tuesdays present to neptune

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
good report young man :clap3:

·
Registered
651 Posts
hi there guys well at least you didnt blank, ill let you know tomorow andy if i can get down on monday,i hope so m8 im needing a wee while on the shore, it will be about 5.30 before i arrive and i will fish till 11ish if this is ok ,cheers m8 tommy.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Ha ha young'ees against the oldies eh, i luv it. Top report and some nice fish.

You taught him well tack 4 , possibly too well. Can only be good for the future generation of anglers.

I only hope my daughters dont show me up as much in the coming years.
then again, it would be nice but slightly annoying. lol. Well done again little tack 4:clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hi,
well done on the good catch littletack4, you maybe need too start teaching yer dad :) :) ( im sure he will try harder next time heh. )
great reading the report and great pics too.

all the best .

·
Registered
797 Posts
good report littletack glad to see you went easy on your dad in it but you'll need to let him win now or else learn to use a fork to get your own bait!
still say the starfish doesn't count
anyone who need's a leason on fishing give littletack a shout he kept telling me & his dad when to strike(worked for me haha) rod down & whack it was the call when we had bite's !
but well done to the wee man he was as full o bean's after 6 hr's fishing as when we arrived

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
nice to see a lad so keen mate well done on the fish i am sure your dad doesnt mind really:notworthy

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Hya Little Tack - sounds like you were born to fish !!! Your Dads not so bad - at least he can dig the bait
well done young man "!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Smashing report on a good session, well done all. Just curious, but is the bay showing any sign of recovery ? or is it all boulders now.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Smashing report on a good session, well done all. Just curious, but is the bay showing any sign of recovery ? or is it all boulders now.
still mostly boulder's from what we could see on friday not sure how far out though as it was still a couple o hour's to low water when we saw it

·
Registered
651 Posts
it will take many years to get the beach back the way it was , im not even sure it will build up with the sand again. time will tell.:g:

·
Registered
295 Posts
we all get old and start to slow down but good for dad . dad needs to learn to catch fish from you. good to see young people enjoying the sport with there family.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys much appreciated and i hope i will get to teach the man known as dad or in this case pupil lots more in the future like when i can dig bait myself!! Also i don't care if its not a fish doyt i loved catching my starfish and no one has laughed at me so far!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts