World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing for 4.00 am just below car park, a mark I haven't fished for ages and the following explains why (I am mentioning the exact spot because it was a disgrace, *** ends, bait boxes, crisp packets, chocolate wrappers, tea bags, you name it and it was there, including loads of lug just thrown on the rocks, if you read this and it was you, take your rubbish home in future and throw unused bait in the sea) Rant over. Used rag and mackerel on 2 hooks clipped down. Caught first, a very small Whiting 6oz, then a Flounder 12oz, then a Huss 4lb 6 oz and finally a good Plaice of 1lb 12oz. Fshed until high tide at 8.00 am and home for bacon and eggs at 8.15. All fish caught on Rag and all returned, but the flounder I had to cut the line and leave the hook in.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
nice one bill re catches but totally agree with you re rubbish its appaling

had 5 wrasse last night largest around 1 3/4lb got saoked for my trouble and was out with litletack4(kyle) this pm with no hookups

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
At least you got out and caught mate, all popular marks in the S.W. that are not too difficult to access suffer from the same problem, lazy, unthinking anglers who think the sea and the foreshore is one giant dustbin. Tomorrow I am going to fish the S.F.S.A. pegged match at Carsethorn, and hope that participants, can at least put their rubish in the containers at the car park, as we will be in the public eye, and letters in the local press are bound to condemn us if the beach is left in a mess.

·
Registered
651 Posts
the scurge of summer anglers ,its the same every year and it will always be like this, fecking arseholes and i make no apology in saying it, we are priveliged to fish some of the most outstanding places on earth, so why abuse it, put it another way, if it were a trout or coarse fishery they were on then they would be banned for life. pity that the guys doing it will probably never be on forums like this ,so it will go on indefinate.:yucky:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Good to see there are some nice Plaice showing there, used to fish out of dally bay in the boat a few years ago, had some good catches there, still not found any over here yet!
Sean,

·
Registered
372 Posts
I come over from the North east quite a lot to fish the Kirkcudbright/Whithorn/Mull area, and I'm disgusted at the mess left by fellow anglers. I used to stop in the Isle of Whithorn for a week every year, and take one of my daughters down to fish the rocks at the front of the harbour. I was disgusted with the rubbish there, and the culprits were mainly fellow North East anglers coming from Burrowhead campsite, so much so that I have never returned there. It's the same at the front of Burrow head.

Last year, I had my first trip down to Lagvag point on the mull. Fantastic mark spoilt by lazy b******s who can't be bothered to tidy up after them, as you can see from the pic below.

I now take the extra time and effort to find marks that no-one, or very few people know or try, so I don't have to be confronted with the mess left by other anglers.

What really hacks me off is that nearly 99.9% of anglers have an empty carrier bag with them - why don't they just use it for their rubbish?? :banghead:

Rant over :sad:

·
Registered
123 Posts
i travel from greenock to fish the mull and have found some marks to filthy.i always take a couple of bags with me just for the rubbish and the amount of line i have cut up could probably fill one of them penn 16/0 shark reels.as i am from greenock i am no stranger to rubbish but sometimes some people just cant see the mess they make (sighs):yucky: :yucky:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
there was a fair amount of people camping down the mull last weekend and in support of them i was impressed not one bit of litter was left ,if you are on this forum ,well done,it makes a pleasant change from some of the venus i go to and that includes freshwater lochs

·
Registered
423 Posts
Me and my mate were fishing at Portpatrick today, the rock mark to the left of the harbour at the overflow carpark. And i was disgusted at the state it has been left in by previous anglers!! Empty McEwans lager cans, newspapers crisp packets irn bru cans, coke cans etc the list is endless!!! Also seen 2 carrier bags one from Glasgow angling centre and one from the sports shop in Stranraer. Abviously these people are holiday makers and don't care about the shore line!! And give us shore anglers a bad name! :uhuh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts