World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of to kilmore quay for the small boat open in September, dose any one now if it is cheaper to buy fuel (diesel and petrol) out there or should i take what i can with me. Grateful for any info.

G

·
The last I heard it was about 20p per litre cheaper out there than here! Hopefully it will still be the same in September. I will be there with Mike Jnr and Shaun Cumming. Hopefully we will meet up at some point. Nipper123 is also attending. Any other WSF memebrs going?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ye wil2195 and myself are going i knew nipper was going a couple of mates of mine are taking a boat over AL C i one of them but i don't know of any one else of the forum going.

·
Registered
174 Posts
To save you any hassle at the ports guys I recommend that you dont take spare petrol in cans/tanks to the ferryport. It's a big no,no as far as MCA Hazerdous rules & regs go. Security at the ports are checking this a lot these days.

G

·
To save you any hassle at the ports guys I recommend that you dont take spare petrol in cans/tanks to the ferryport. It's a big no,no as far as MCA Hazerdous rules & regs go. Security at the ports are checking this a lot these days.
Thanks for the info. Damn, I was hoping to bring a bit extra back with me:sad:

G

·
ye wil2195 and myself are going i knew nipper was going a couple of mates of mine are taking a boat over AL C i one of them but i don't know of any one else of the forum going.
Thats not a bad species count so far this year! It looks like you could one to beat:fishing:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ye but wil and i are out quite a lot and are now targeting the minis for the practice this will be our first big open.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ferryman how you keeping aint heard from you since milford open, No i wont be taking spare fuel in tanks just dont know whether to fill up before going.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ferryman how you keeping aint heard from you since milford open, No i wont be taking spare fuel in tanks just dont know whether to fill up before going.
I'm keeping well thanks Col. I haven't been out fishing very much. The weather has been so poor. I had a couple of mackerel trips off Strumble at the weekend. Glorious couple of days and loads of mac about.Hopefully the late summer and autumn will be a bit more settled. It's very frustating for small boat anglers but it must be awful for the charter guys having to cancel so many trips.
Have you had many trips yourself?

·
Registered
174 Posts
What if the cans are on the boat when we come back? Will that be ok?
Just the same which ever way you are going. Have a word with the organiser of the Rosslare Festival to check to see what guidelines they are issuing as far as spare petrol on the ferry crossings go.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
weather has been a bit poor but ive only missed one weekend since milford all i do is go to different areas depending on wind direction, i still aint had a go at strumble this year weather gods wont let me down there might try fishguard tomorrow if its not to windy.

·
Registered
519 Posts
we always fill up over there as its cheaper.
check out http://www.pumps.ie/ for latest prices.
as for ferry's we allways fill car and boat tanks up before returning home and have never had a problem even when stopped by customs.
but its up to you weather you take the chance.
paul

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My 175 has a built in tank so i cant see a problem with having a full tank on the way home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts