Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>We&#39;re back - and what a great weekend. 19 of us travelled to Kilmore Quay this weekend, plus there was another group of lads from Neath there at the same time. We were really fortunate with the weather, with good sunshine and light winds on both Saturday and Sunday.

Fishing was slow this year compared to last year (so I was told, this was my first year), the local lads are blaming it on algae in the water, and are hoping for a good storm to clear things up. Personally, I had a couple of new species, but nowhere near as many fish as some. Largest fish on the trip was an 8lb Pollack, and "Rob the Cod" came up trumps again with a nice 7lb Cod. Species caught during the trip were:
Ballan Wrasse, Cuckoo Wrasse, Coalfish, Dogfish, Launce, Rockling, Poor Cod, Pouting, Cod, Pollack, Blenny.

We had great fun feeding the seals in the harbour, and certainly enjoyed the hospitality at Kehoes (thanks for the warning about tables Mike, we can see what you mean now&#33;) Personally, I can&#39;t wait to go back again, next year can&#39;t come around soon enough.</font>

G

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Glad you had a good time&#33;

Only 27 days to go and we&#39;ll be there, can&#39;t wait&#33; Coincides with the old mans birthday as well, should be a laugh&#33;

Mike</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts