World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm a fairly new member to the forum and wanted to get some urgent advice please.

It's my birthday tomorrow (Thursday 23rd June) and I'm on my way down to see my girlfriend on that morning. She has suggested going fishing while I'm down for the weekend and I'm desperate to know what to take.

She's arranged a bit of a barbeque and drinks etc and we have to fish kimmeridge bay (her instructions not mine!!!!!!). So I want to know what I should be fishing for? What methods I should use? What marks I should fish from? What bait should I use? And most importantly, can some offer me the details and location for a good and friendly tackle shop as I'll need to buy bait etc?

Obviously, I'll need to know fairly quickly so that I can pack the car accordingly.

Many thanks everyone.

Paul

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hi Paul,

Your best bet for Kimmeridge is to fish with lures from the rock ledges to each side of the bay, fish first and last light and you should get a bass for your efforts, otherwise during the day its wrasse fishing.

Bait wise take rag and peelers for the wrasse, and make sure you have a good selection of plugs and lures for the bass i.e. surface, sub-surface and poppers.

A word of warning though, if there is a bit a swell runnning be very careful around the ledges as they can be engulfed by the waves.

Stay safe and good luck, its one of the best Bass marks in the south......

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts