World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really disappointed in losing this huge edible I hooked today about ½ mile off Eclles North Gap, the thing was massive it looked as big as one of those oval dinner plates. It broke the surface about ten feet behind the yak then let go, not that I’d kept it but would of loved a pic with my tape acrossed its back, funny though not a pot buoy or dan in sight.
This steamed passed he didn't have his nets out, I think its whats called a boom trawler, not sure though.

Fishing was slow just one pesky weaver, which I managed to unhook and release........

and one tiny starry.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Unlucky there PF. Did you try any peeler crab? A bit further down Sea Palling is very well potted for both crab and lobster.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unlucky there PF. Did you try any peeler crab? A bit further down Sea Palling is very well potted for both crab and lobster.
Thanks BJ, I didn't have peeler but I tried one small hard back. I had lug and squid and was really after a few flatties, to be honest I expected to be plugging for bass around the reefs by now. With luck the bass will return with a settled spell in September. When are you trying out from Palling again?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Thanks BJ, I didn't have peeler but I tried one small hard back. I had lug and squid and was really after a few flatties, to be honest I expected to be plugging for bass around the reefs by now. With luck the bass will return with a settled spell in September. When are you trying out from Palling again?
The last couple of times we've been out it's been mucky around the reefs PF. No sooner than we get a settled spell and it starts to look promising then the wind goes round and colours it up. Water is a lot clearer 2 miles out. Peeler is the top bait for smuts as you know, and the frozen stuff works well enough.
Next trip could well be the week after next,weather permitting, as I've got a few days off. It would be good to catch up if you are about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts