World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20140326_175441 (1).jpg 20140326_181835.jpg ]After receiving orders from the wife to make myself scarce tonight due to her having a girlie dinner party I decided to venture down to herne bay to try for a ray . With hw at 2030 I arrived in herne bay at 1700. Having not fished there before I had a little drive thru and decided on going up the hill past kings hall and walking down the steps to the sea. Decided to fish a pulley pennell baited with bluey and another rod with lug. Launched the first bluey bait as far as I could and put the rod in the rest, whilst baiting the other rod I noticed the bluey rod pull down hard and then the line fell to the floor , jumped up and wound down the slack and after a brief tussle a 7lb thorny was at my feet. :) first cast !! Carried on til 2145 but only managed 4 little codling and a couple of pins .
Am absolutely made up as this is my first decent fish from the shore after lots of blanks and fruitless trips. Will put pics up tommorrow after work.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Well done jennings123, you can add that one to your best catch section as new PB from shore.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
another success story well done :1a:the trouble is they are there every year if conditions are right, but everyone favours sheppy or deal/sandwich the weed will arrive soon then it becomes more of a challenge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts