World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
It's a fair old walk and you should go with someone that has been before and knows the area and tides.

Take a compass too.

On big tides at low water, a spit appears and it juts out well in to the sea, a good 200m as a guess. On the side of this, there is a gully containing lots of kelp.

It's a long way to walk to catch no fish. It's known as a Bass mark but there are easier places to catch Bass with much less effort involved.

I'll try and dig out some photos of the place for you.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yes it is fishing but only at certain times its just under 2 miles takes 40 minutes to get there and involves wading through two deep gulleys ,if you time it wrong ,or it gets foggy misty,or it rains and you can,t see the two miles back it will be the last trip you make ,best way to fish it is by boat ,it also has some resident seals that come right up to you at times when they are about you might as well walk straight back ,if you want to go make sure you get someone who knows the area well

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
i really cant emphasize enough the safety aspect the lads have warned you about this mark Darth

if you do take a trip{even for a look } please take someone experienced with you and be extra careful :):)

tightlines........................daz

·
Registered
493 Posts
In all honesty mate, it's not worth the effort.

We used to have club matches there, but it's too much grief for little reward. You're just as likely to catch Bass anywhere along the coast at High Water. It's soul destroying coming back with nothing, believe me. It's not an easy 1.5 mile walk either, it's up and down over sand.

You need to have an understanding of the size & time of the tide and location of the gulleys. Always carry your mobile and a compass at a minimum, maybe take a whistle too. It's also best to be with someone, just in case you get sick or something.

King Scar has got a beauty about the place though.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
HI ALL Kings scars just about the only mark on the fylde coast ive never fished If i ever did id make my will out and ring the coast guard in that order

·
Registered
490 Posts
Anyone ( in the know) fancy organising a wander out there on a good tide?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'll happily take people out there, but I'm off to scotland on thursday for a week. Any time after that I should be free.

Chest waders are a good idea too.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Lets pick a good tide and do it - anyone else up for it?

I wouldn't mind a wander out there .... and my will is already in the hands of my solicitor!!:unsure:

Please let me know if and when you're all going...... every group needs a blanker amongst them!:yeah::yeah:

Keep me posted please.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts