World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my m8 wants to go there tomorrow, never been myself is it any good?
what kinda rig am i best off using and is it snaggy?

many thanks

·
Registered
926 Posts
the ground is snaggy, the rig i use at the butts are pulley and up & over rigs, i fished it a few week back and caught lots of silver eels and a couple small bass baits, thge baits i used peelers, bluey, yellows, commons and squid

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,885 Posts
fence's, gates? are we allowed to fish along there
not really mate its mod land its my favourite mark never ha any problems lika ash said its snaggy

TIP go to the end fish concrete slab on the left wen the tide starts to run dont cast out straight but cast to the left level with the butts u will just be out of the tide run and the fish seem to wait there for the food to come by wish i was there now

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Had many memorable sessions there over the years. its really not that rough compared to some marks. I tended to use gripleads to avoid the rig rolling down the gullies. A simple short running trace did the business for me, but a pulley rig would do just as well. Distance casting is not required, other than early in the tide before the water hits the wall.

Fishing down the tide in the main run is a good way of avoiding the snags, and the crease at the edge of the run can produce some good fish. Baitwise, anything you like so long as its crab. Big hooks, and pile the bait on if you dont want eels.

Raider.

·
Registered
428 Posts
had some good cod off there myself,
the best one 15lb and a few 3lb in one session a few years back. dont be put off by the snags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts