World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take my 2 1/2 year old son Elliott for his first fishing session.

I had some cracking Maddies so i went to Kingston as its a nice starting place and i knew that id probably hit into a schoolie or a flounder for Elliott to get excited about with the bait i had.

Set up and fishing by 9am and went through untill about 12:30 pm.

Fishing was slow untill nearly right on high tide when i got the first fish of the day,a Flounder,perfect for the table.

In between baiting up and keeping an eye on the rod tip,time was spent playing with Elliotts toy cars and lorries,quite good fun actually :victory:

Elliott did have a sort of go at casting and reeling in but will be a while yet i think before he can have a proper go,He was more interested in watching the various boats go by,playing with his toys and getting into his wetsuit for a paddle.

I managed another flounder just before we packed up which was good.

A quiet session as far as the fishing goes but i was kept on my toes by Elliott.

Highlight of the day for me being when Elliott said to his mummy when we got home......Daddy got a Flander,got it on his fishing rod and and and and he got the hook out with a red thing (my Gemini disgorger) and he made it go to sleep.....

He said that he wants to come again which is cool.

P.S Note the discarded bait paper in the background that was already there stinking away in the heat of the sun,not pleasant at all,Please take your rubbish home. (I did eventually bin it)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Nice report and picture Phill, tell Elliott that Pony says hiya and that I like his fish :fishing1::1a:.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have told Elliott already,he got out of bed and crept upstairs a minute ago,Think he wants to go night fishing ;)

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
nice going Phil.....you realy feel the pressure when you take the kids don't you...i know i did when i took mine to southwick and had a plaice to show them that daddy sort of knows what he's doing!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Chris out fished me with a gurnard and a nice size spider crab the first time I took him fishing,and will he let me forget it?...:cry::D.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha,Yep definately Tommy,He kept saying...i want a fishy,so i had to come up with the goods.

I was going to head to one of your spots tonight,East arm but will prob go tomorrow instead. ( Without Elliott this time :laugh: )

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that would be good Tommy.
My girlfriend has a friend that lives in Selsey (think its Selsey) on the seafront so should combine fishing with a visit.

Having only ever caught one at the Marina, (pup,on lug worm) i keep thinking about going after one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts