World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'll have the opportuntiy for a day's fishing on Saturday, and if I don't want to go as far as Whithorn / MOG, I may well try Kirkcudbright area. Problem is I've only ever fished Brighouse Bay and would like to try somewhere different with a chance of a ray / smoothy / huss, none of which I've ever caught before.

Can anyone recommend a mark, ideally with directions and where to park please? I've ordered an OS map but doesn't look like it'll arrive in time and I want to maximise my fishing time.

Any suggestions gratefully received, catch report will of course follow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Apparently Foxes snout at Kircudbright is the mark to fish. There was a catch report just the other day from there. Stacks of doggies and huss. Dangerous to fish in certain sea conditions though. Not 100% sure where it is but it should be marked on an OS map.

Give me 10 mins and I will see if I can find you an OS map myself.

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
go to the ordanance survey site and select OS opendata and zoom in it will give you some idea of where to go if your map does not arrive.
happy fishing

·
Registered
479 Posts
rascarrel is also worth a try - usually throws up some interesting species

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
foxs snout aint on a os map and yes it is a dangerous mark and not only in rough conditions,most marks down there are a trek and hard to find if you dont know area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts