World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a nice session with my nipper at Kirkton with a constant stream of flounders, a few plaice, turbots. A couple of the turbots were keepable. All to mack baits. No weed, lovely weather, and sea eagles soaring around.

Then went to Peterhead SBW for a few casts and got a number of coalies. Saw an eastern european gentleman with a small conger and a number of coalfish that he'd kept. One was about 2lb. He caught his fish on the raw prawns from Tesco. Nice to know that at least you can always eat the bait if the fishing session isn't going so well.

Nice to meet you Gus and BlueToonLoon - hope you had a good afternoon.

Attachments

G

·
Wish had checked that gate was just on the snib this morning. Pleasure meeting you Bill, we left shortly after, wind was getting up.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice Turbo's looks like the weed has gone as there was loads about 3 week ago.:punk:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No weed to speak of - crystal clear water over perfect sand. Seems to be best at the first few hours of a flow tide

Yes - well I wonder how long it will be before the snib changes to something more permanent - I hope not. As long as everyone using that area is considerate then hopefully it should not be a problem

·
Registered
573 Posts
I take it there is a gate or something in place now whats the story with that? I have not seen one up yet but that was a few weeks ago now??

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gate is across the route to the flat-ish car parking space at the dunes - can still get to the pirates graveyard.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sounds like you had a cracking day barnacle, i'm having withdrawls from not fishing there, it's a cracker of a beach on a fine day and weed free. Never knew you could catch plaice on that beach though, you sure they were nae spotty flounders?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest it is hard to tell the difference somtimes - but the one had clear orange spots and had the ridge of hard nobbly bits behind the eyes - I think thats the thing that says it's deffo a plaice??

It's such a lovely beach, just a pleasure to be there. But I was speaking to Gus on the breakwater and he says St. Fergus beach is worth a go - more stony and into deeper water more quickly - apparently other things than turbos and flounders can be had there too.

Looking forward to the 22nd though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts