World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any info on these marks that is upto date.?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Roger the only accurate news I can give you, is that its still a long way from the car park by the coastguard station for a possible blanker!:g: I reckon another month when the crabs are moulting well will be worth the treck!;)
blueskip

·
Registered
116 Posts
Plenty of dogfish, small Whiting and occassional dab over the past few weeks off the ledges but not worth the walk. Nighttime best, daytime very poor

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fished there today Monday 2nd April. Started at Low until high.

Result was one 14oz dab taken on ragworm tipped with slipper limpet and cockle picked up at low water. First cast of the day.

Had squid, mackerel, ragworm, peeler & razorfish which produced nothing else. The sea was clear and like a mill pond until the wind went crazy around 4pm blowing hard from right to left. Rod tips all over the place with white waves eveywhere.

Did notice at low water that there was a large number baby spider crabs(2inches long). I hate them and not looking good for bottom fishing later in the year.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fished there today Monday 2nd April. Started at Low until high.

Result was one 14oz dab taken on ragworm tipped with slipper limpet and cockle picked up at low water. First cast of the day.

Had squid, mackerel, ragworm, peeler & razorfish which produced nothing else. The sea was clear and like a mill pond until the wind went crazy around 4pm blowing hard from right to left. Rod tips all over the place with white waves eveywhere.

Did notice at low water that there was a large number baby spider crabs(2inches long). I hate them and not looking good for bottom fishing later in the year.
Cheers for the info mate. have a look at this thread if you haven't already done so. THESE EASTERLIES By Anylugniotscrab I have posted a report from last saturday there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts