World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to be a constant cycle of poor weather on the weekends at the moment; I'd planned to do a local trip Saturday - but lunchtime Friday, after picking up bait I found my bathroom was leaking into the garage; I cancelled the Saturday trip in case things couldn't be resolved quickly.

Thankfully, after pulling down a few Plasterboards and ripping up the lino the leak was resolved. Saturday was spent crewing, rather than fishing out of Penarth.

Sunday evening was a perfect tide for Knab Rock, it being fireworks night also meant if the fishing was slow, you still had numerous firework displays to watch.

Thankfully, that wasn't the case; fishing was very steady with good numbers of whiting, poor cod, dab, flounder, a few nice pollack, a turbot and a doggy.

IMG_1726.JPG
IMG_1724.JPG
IMG_1728.JPG

All fish came on mackerel (thats the only bait I took), most came on tiny size 12 hooks and 5mm by 10mm pieces of mackerel fished on an LRF rod, which was really good fun.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Lovely turbot fair play goes to show what the area can throw up :) I’m only use to getting turbot around rest bay and Morfa

G

·
0 Posts
7 species is a great session at knab!
Interesting to see the Turbo

·
Registered
867 Posts
It seems to be a constant cycle of poor weather on the weekends at the moment; I'd planned to do a local trip Saturday - but lunchtime Friday, after picking up bait I found my bathroom was leaking into the garage; I cancelled the Saturday trip in case things couldn't be resolved quickly.

Thankfully, after pulling down a few Plasterboards and ripping up the lino the leak was resolved. Saturday was spent crewing, rather than fishing out of Penarth.

Sunday evening was a perfect tide for Knab Rock, it being fireworks night also meant if the fishing was slow, you still had numerous firework displays to watch.

Thankfully, that wasn't the case; fishing was very steady with good numbers of whiting, poor cod, dab, flounder, a few nice pollack, a turbot and a doggy.

View attachment 1021817 View attachment 1021825 View attachment 1021833

All fish came on mackerel (thats the only bait I took), most came on tiny size 12 hooks and 5mm by 10mm pieces of mackerel fished on an LRF rod, which was really good fun.

Great session that Dean just shows what results you can get by being a thinking angler and trying stuff outside the ordinary superb stuff.
How big were the Fish Dean the Turbot especially, lovely Fish the Turbot.

·
Registered
867 Posts
All fish were small, Turbot was about a 12-14oz, flounder was a little bigger - the pollack were 1.5lb and most of the whiting were small, only 5-6 close to a pound.
Pity about the Turbot being on the small side it looks a lot bigger in the photo :BigGrin:, Lovely eating fish I'm only sampled it once after I caught a few nice ones out on the Skerries bank yrs and yrs ago and the Guest House we were staying in kindly cooked one for us.
Shamefully we haven't been back, Mrs not happy with Fishing Hols these days, ever year I say I'm booking a week at White Acres for a weeks fishing and I never do lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts