World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get away from the rain sodden upper channel I decided to have a short evening session down at the Knab in search of Dabs. Sadly when I pulled up I was met with the same murky, muddy water that I've been fishing in at Penarth, that coupled with the stiff Northerly blowing across the bay dampened my spirits a bit but I tackled up the light gear and cracked on with it. It proved a very quiet evening. I had a few bites on my left hand rod baited with appetising Dab 'crack' (vintage, well manky frozen black lug) the other rod baited with Mackerel stayed motionless all night. I heard that a few Whiting were pulled in along with a solitary Flounder and that was all she wrote. Good to get out for a few hours but roll on a few days of settled cold weather. On a more promising note I did see signs of activity on the Pier (either that or they're building a huge bonfire).

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers chap it's one of my favourite spots to fish when conditions are right. I've had many an enjoyable sesh down there.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any ideas what penarth is fishing like ATM?
You fishing anywhere on Sunday?
No I don't fish the weekends very often and I've booked a boat trip next week so apart from a bit of Trout botherin' tomorrow that's it for a while. I believe there were a few whiting around Penarth and this spell of non Monsoon will have helped.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had lines Craig sometimes you in the right place sometimes you not.
mostly I'm not Brian:doh: still moonrise over Port Talbot is always a welcome sight (at least I think it was the moon)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts