World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Knab Rock last night in what were quite good conditions, although there was a touch of east in the wind, fished the last 3hrs up, & the first hr of the ebb. One good sized whiting, several undersize, & a couple of dogs! Everybody seemed to do the same! yet 2 weeks ago on the big tides there were quite a few codling caught. Guess they must have known I was coming & they all fled to Aberavon or Saundersfoot! What's the bet they go stark raving mad down there tonight!
blueskip

T

·
0 Posts
Fished there last night, All we had were dogies. Some small whiting were caught, but not by us. got a day off work on Tuesday, going to try the Pier.

Was a bit disturbed to see lots of dog fish being put in the litter bins alive, by some of the anglers. I was talking to these anglers up until then, OK, I don`t really want to catch dogfish all night, but I always put them back, there is no point in leaving them suffer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
thereaper101 said:
Fished there last night, All we had were dogies. Some small whiting were caught, but not by us. got a day off work on Tuesday, going to try the Pier.

Was a bit disturbed to see lots of dog fish being put in the litter bins alive, by some of the anglers. I was talking to these anglers up until then, OK, I don`t really want to catch dogfish all night, but I always put them back, there is no point in leaving them suffer.
It's scum like that that give the antis ammo. Obviously there were no Spiders around for them to pull the legs off. In any eco-system each and every entity has a purpose. Dogfish are part of the marine system, likewise Shore Crabs, Eels etc. Nuisances granted but essential for the balance. Can't quite figure out where these so-called Anglers fit in. Perhaps a bigger bin is needed?

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi ray.
HERE HERE RAY theres nout like a... doggie... on a dead tide TO BE RETURNED!! for another day.
clive

·
Registered
188 Posts
I cant stand these morons,I posted a coulpe of weeks ago about a gang of boys kicking them around the Knab rock.
Seems to be a popular sport there.
Whats wrong with these people,I only hope they have no pets at home

·
Registered
281 Posts
luck to say, fished knab last night and saw no antics!

had several +1lb whiting and the usual doggies ( which were returned unharmed! ) nasty conditions last night, surf was massive, driving wind and rain.

good fishing and good comedy action as the party goers were walking from the mile to cinderellas with nothing but mini skirts (girls) and tshirts (lads) on. I felt quite snug in my floatation suit, unlike the partiers who were absolutley freezing and soaking wet!!

ha ha. the things we do!!!

T

·
0 Posts
dw173288 - sounds a good night, apart from the weather, wish I had gone instead of Firday night.

I was tamping when I saw the doggies being binned, I packed up my stuff and left after that, no doubt more fish were harmed after that.

With the talk of them being re-incarnated as a fish, Hope they came back as a Ragworm, so I can thread them up my hook.

Will be on the pier on Tuesday, from morning, if anybody wants to pop on for a chat!

Nick

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are we really suprised that the "Pretty Shitty City", that has to set up an emergency treatment centre on its main street, to treat the so called "Xmas revellers" who have been battered as part of their celebrations, have a population of "danglers" who kick dogfish around the prom!
Unfortunately we seem to more than our fair share of "dregs" in every aspect of life, I dont know why, the amenities we have seem more than ample, the environment & surrounding countryside are excellent, the Rugby & Football teams are doing well, there is little unemployment (for those who want to work).
All this crap cant just be down to visitors, we just have a larger than average population of a-holes, intent on being anti-social.
If they had to live in some of the inner-city areas of Midlands they would know what deprivation was (assuming they understood what it meant).
I apologise to all the real anglers, who have to witness what some of these "Jack" arseholes do, on behalf of those who dont do it!
blueskip

·
Registered
208 Posts
even if the name makes me look bad i always put the little spotted guys back for another day, cos lets face it lads even a doggy can bring a smile to your face if you just about to blank!!!! next time you see them kicking the poor things around ask them if they fancy a swim!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
getting some new boots for Christmas, by the sounds of things, mubbles pier would be a good place to put the boot in on some of those W**K**s (excuse my french) just to get used to them!
JD

·
Registered
188 Posts
Fished the Deeps ,Newton and Porthcawl pier in the last couple of days/nights

Deeps well i will admit night tide never fished it before although had a good look around in the day time , but at night oh dear I crapped myself there on my own had 1 whiting and buggered off.

Newton although i have fished the rocks there many times went for the safety of the beach on low blanked.

Porthcawl pier safe fishing venue Nope !!!!! enjoying myself 10 mtr tide black sky no wind but bitter cold .just poured a cup of oxo and whoooosh a blinking big wave came over the top crapped myself for the second night running .

So wots for xmas
A map of the deeps and a friend to go with .
A fish finder for the deeps
And a wet suit for the pier and diapers in the box.
Anyway one other part of my ventures the doggies were ill treated at the pier
so it seems that this abuse of our sporting friends is more widespread than the jacks at the knab.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A guy from Swansea got washed off Porthcawl Pier last year, he was the son of one of my wife's workmates, he was in a coma for ages & the poor lad isn't right yet. It sounds to me like a place to take a safety line to clip on, or better still give it a miss!
blueskip

·
Registered
51 Posts
morons unfortunately there are no shortage of them, i have found groups of dead ones left high and dry by these idiots, i also found a high rockpool with about 20 dabs waiting to die, they didnt get their themselves. took me a good halfhour to catch and release all the wee buggers. Litter louts they grip my s$$t as well i am sick of lugging other peoples rubbish home as well as my own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts