World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A glorious sunny day after three days of hard wind and surf saw perfect tides of a decent size and high after dark so it would be rude not to go and wet a line.

Was lovely and quiet with only a few people that quickly changed to many people being out mostly from the Toilets to the 3/4 mark by the deeper water.

Two rods out with a whole Squid on one and rag on the other.

Things were looking pretty quiet with some weed about and windier than expected. It was good for the tall ships leaving the Waterfront though.

Then came the second rebait and I picked the rod out of the stand and felt a small pull. Lifted into it and started to wind. Annoyed I'd got a snag, weed or a log I very slowly had to pump the dead weight in. No pull to it what so ever.

Surprise then when I saw this come out of a wave. A kind couple were passing and offered to take a photo for me as they were curious as to what it was and they had never seen a Thornback before. I LOL'd at the comment "look its got 4 eyes". Unfortunately my Berkley scales wouldn't register any weight so cant tell you how heavy it was sorry.

That was it then for the night unfortunately. Stayed until 10 but nothing happening other than small bites and crabs. it would be interesting to hear if anyone else caught down the other end of the beach.

Cheers all.

Gazz.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Well done buddy, the Knap is an enigma to me but some great fish come out every now and then.
Chris

·
Fishing Addict
1,673 Posts
well done m8 thats a cracking fish lovely pics aswell

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
hey look its the compare the meerkat thing in the bottom right of the first pic lol

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Lovely catch mate.......nice one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts