World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
one of the girls in work was telling me how she went for a walk at the knap just before Christmas, the tide was right out and she was walking across the sand when she suddenly sunk both feet right up to her knees.
fortunately her boyfriend was with her and pulled her out , she doesn’t think she could have got out by herself. She showed me a photo of the state of her after and she was covered in mud up to the thighs.
there had been that very heavy rain just before and I wonder if that played a part, supersaturated sand acting like quicksand?
as someone who usually fishes alone, you wouldn’t want to be in that situation by yourself, or at night when there might not be anyone else around.
anyway just something to think about , stay safe everyone
tipper

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
Not a mark I would ever fish but great information for those that do be it regulars or visitors . (y)

Reactions: tipper100

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Hi Nathan @tipper100
As someone who fishes the knap a lot at low water ( at night) I've never encountered anything like this. Do you know which part of the beach she was on. My only thought is that it may have been to the right or left toward the rocks which do at times retain some mud deposits.

Reactions: tipper100

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Nathan @tipper100
As someone who fishes the knap a lot at low water ( at night) I've never encountered anything like this. Do you know which part of the beach she was on. My only thought is that it may have been to the right or left toward the rocks which do at times retain some mud deposits.
hi keith
I did think about you when she was telling me this story.
next time I see her I’ll ask which part of the beach she was on.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
do people dig there ? could be a hole partly filled in ...beach down the road from me is like a minefield

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
do people dig there ? could be a hole partly filled in ...beach down the road from me is like a minefield
No bait diggers. Odd kids dig but this sounds like mud where there is usually only sand.

Reactions: Had1lost2

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I usually associate craters with bait digging .. but I suppose there might be a old boat or something during under that breaking down!! Just be careful.. I've got a welly stuck down loughor a few times!!! What a faeking mess

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all
just a quick update on this.
I spoke to my work colleague today ( to find out exactly where at the knap she had sunk in the mud) and as it turns out she was mistaken and it actually happened around the corner near the old harbour.
interestingly she showed me an article online about how the emergency services had freed a woman from mud from the old harbour area on Friday ( or weekend) so maybe an area to be aware of

1 - 10 of 10 Posts