World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you know iv been layed up since November,so a short sesh come back was called for after reading richies reports.
somewhere easy for my first outing,i thought the knap,but I hate them round stones so it was a low water sesh for me.
only had half a box of squid in the freezer along with a few pounds of worm but I didn,t want to potch with sticky worm a spottie ray was my target,so half box of squid was ample enough.putting my rods together looking at the tip of one and I remembered I broke the tip eye,and as I was going to be layed up for months I was suppose to replace when I had the time but oviously I forgot.right one rod it was then,first cast whole squid ,sat on my box and off I went to noddy land,that hour bu--erd me up.
I wound in to find the first fish of the year for me a small ray,second cast ,wond a codling around a pound ,third cast I strapped a bloody big hermit to a whole squid thinking its this cast that's going to get me my spottie ,but no nothing on that cast.so a last cast before the water reached them round stones and in came a doggie to finish,4 casts 3 fish and the only cast I thought would bring a tidy fish well came back untouched.
no stopping me now.
tight lines roamer.

Team Loonz
Good effort Jeff....nice to see you back in the game.Your spotty will come keep at it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.