World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite it being quite a small tide I thought a few hours over HW looking for a autumn spotty would be a reasonable way to spend the day.
After the stormy weather over the weekend it was lovely and calm as I set up 2hr before HW.
IMG_2386.JPG

Just as well really as for the two hrs up the rods didn't move. Each bait coming back with just nibbles from the crabs.
(single sandeel on one rod for a spotty and a bluey wrap on the other)
IMG_2387.JPG

High tide came and went and the rods still hadn't moved.
With just over an hr of the ebb gone I was thinking about calling it a day so I doubled up on my bait by sending out a large bluey and squid cocktail.
15mins later the rod slammed over and I was into a good fish. After a very spirited fight with it surfacing 60m out and then diving hard, I finally beach a rather agree huss.
I've caught huss from the Knap before but this was a much bigger creature all together.
As hard as I tried I couldn't get the snarlly cititer to untwist and smile for the camera (the huss wouldn't either, before someone else says it)
IMG_2388.JPG

Weighing in at 10lb 8oz I was most definitely a PB for me.
IMG_2390 - Copy.JPG

You just never know what the Knap is going to throw up next.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Not a happy looking fish Keith !

Well done, your knowledge of the Knap has paid dividends these last couple of years !

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congratulations Notso, that's a tidy sized just. Funny beach the LMAO, you just never know what's goingbto turn up. Tight lines, Richard

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Nice one Keith, these Huss seem to be showing up quite often now on marks you would never catch them.

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a happy looking fish Keith !

Well done, your knowledge of the Knap has paid dividends these last couple of years !
Cheers Phil. Don't know about the knowledge but I have spent a few hours there though.

·
Registered
Daiwa supercast M11 rods and Slosh 30 reels 30 reels
1,660 Posts
Seems to be more congers and huss showing up in catch reports of late, well done on your pb Keith

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cracking fish. Is that 3 doubles in 3 sessions??
I wish Lloyd, the one blonde only went 8lb 4oz.
I've had double figure Bass, Conger, Smalleyed and thorny's from there over the past few years. Just wish the spotties went to double figures.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts