World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to give the pebbles another go this morning for a couple of hours.......
so after a hectic early morning walk with the seagulls flying above me every step making that horrible noise they do......... as i arrived i set up in front of the toilet's to greet an empty beach with only 1 other person setting up on the other side of the beach. with first casts out i was planning to fish 2 hours up and 2 1/2 down armed with macky, sandeel, squid and a bit of ragworm left over from the previous session. as i was baiting up a third trace ready i could hear my rodstand squeaking only looking up to find my rod aggresively thumping down nearly pulling it off the stand and then as i picked it up to induce a strike it just stopped as if it knew i picked up the rod.... but then as i put it back down on the stand it gave one more huge thump then a huge slack line nearly making the line lye in all the pebbles, i then wound as fast as possible and induced a good firm strike to be greeted with NOTHING....... typical as it was such a great bite..... cod??? bass??? richie's big eel? who know's??? oh and the bite came to a single sandeel bait as far as i could hit it...... the cast after that then produced my first fish of the session, a healthy looking doggie of 1lb 4oz which had come to sandeel.... i was fishing one rod out further than the other lobbing one 50 yards and the other as far as i could......
a few hours passed with the odd rattle but nothing to it. as high tide came i hooked one of the small rattles which turned out to be a small whiting....... i was tempted to put it back out with a pair of 4/0's in him but as it was still alive and kicking i returned him to fight another day.......
the next fish was a 2nd doggie the same weight of 1lb 4oz which came on the distance rod but this time on a chunk of macky..... the cast after on the close in rod resulted in a third doggie in quick succession of about 14oz..... which came to straight ragworm..... as the tide was ebbing out and only half hour to go my distance rod tugged and stopped then tugged again which resulted in a final doggie of 1lb 9oz.... which came to a sandeel and squid rap combo looking for them raymond's.........
overall a fantatstic morning with the woofer's feeding.......
nice to meet a first time angler down there who on his first cast managed his first fish of a fine doggie of 2lb 1oz...... he was well chuffed and was happy to see him get hooked for life...... as he said......

SMILE FOR THE CAMERA! - THE FIRST FISH OF THE DAY - A DOGGIE OF 1LB 4OZ.....

tight lines and all the best,
by the way - how much for a one man tent???
sam.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice report mate, you seem to be having some success down there mate, i'll be giving it a bash friday morning, gonna try in front of the toilet blocks for the first time as I usually fish the other end?
i might see you down there friday morning as some of my mates are fishing there aswell.......
hope to see you there m8,
tight lines,

steffyenck.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Save some for me he he he! Didnt have a bite last night despite fish getting pulled in all around me!. Guess I must have stepped in something as I approached the pebbles?

Off to a secret mark tonight! Will let you know results shortly after my return!

Nick (aka "Squid-U-Like")

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Save some for me he he he! Didnt have a bite last night despite fish getting pulled in all around me!. Guess I must have stepped in something as I approached the pebbles?

Off to a secret mark tonight! Will let you know results shortly after my return!

Nick (aka "Squid-U-Like")
unlucky there m8 - it's fishing much better there in the day......
best of luck 4 2nite......

tight lines,

sam.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yes ill be down there friday morning with a load of mates!!! make sure you don't take my spot in front of them toilets!!! thats my special spot :D :D

bring on the rays!!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes ill be down there friday morning with a load of mates!!! make sure you don't take my spot in front of them toilets!!! thats my special spot :D :D

bring on the rays!!!
see you then m8........
i maybe by the toilets aswell with my mates.....

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi steff watch yourself mate hanging around those TOILETS you get a name for YOURSELF hanging around those :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: tight lines
he he he lol.......
just re - read it and it sounds quite unusual.......:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice shooting Tex. I'm tempted to go there tomorrow night instead of witches after last nights blank. Seems daft to travel when the dogs are on the doorstep.
i must say that the dog's are feeding much better in the daytime......
you could tri in the morning instead....... upto you though.........
tight lines and all the best m8,
sam.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I`m going to have to ban you Sam. We`ll be having to draw lots soon to see who can fish down there! :)))
Great post.
Tight lines,
Rich
you'll have to look out your window to see if im coming and if you see me then call the police and say that i'm fishing too much!!! :busted_co :ph34r: :busted_co :ph34r: he he he lol......

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
i decided to give the pebbles another go this morning for a couple of hours.......
so after a hectic early morning walk with the seagulls flying above me every step making that horrible noise they do......... as i arrived i set up in front of the toilet's to greet an empty beach with only 1 other person setting up on the other side of the beach. with first casts out i was planning to fish 2 hours up and 2 1/2 down armed with macky, sandeel, squid and a bit of ragworm left over from the previous session. as i was baiting up a third trace ready i could hear my rodstand squeaking only looking up to find my rod aggresively thumping down nearly pulling it off the stand and then as i picked it up to induce a strike it just stopped as if it knew i picked up the rod.... but then as i put it back down on the stand it gave one more huge thump then a huge slack line nearly making the line lye in all the pebbles, i then wound as fast as possible and induced a good firm strike to be greeted with NOTHING....... typical as it was such a great bite..... cod??? bass??? richie's big eel? who know's??? oh and the bite came to a single sandeel bait as far as i could hit it...... the cast after that then produced my first fish of the session, a healthy looking doggie of 1lb 4oz which had come to sandeel.... i was fishing one rod out further than the other lobbing one 50 yards and the other as far as i could......
a few hours passed with the odd rattle but nothing to it. as high tide came i hooked one of the small rattles which turned out to be a small whiting....... i was tempted to put it back out with a pair of 4/0's in him but as it was still alive and kicking i returned him to fight another day.......
the next fish was a 2nd doggie the same weight of 1lb 4oz which came on the distance rod but this time on a chunk of macky..... the cast after on the close in rod resulted in a third doggie in quick succession of about 14oz..... which came to straight ragworm..... as the tide was ebbing out and only half hour to go my distance rod tugged and stopped then tugged again which resulted in a final doggie of 1lb 9oz.... which came to a sandeel and squid rap combo looking for them raymond's.........
overall a fantatstic morning with the woofer's feeding.......
nice to meet a first time angler down there who on his first cast managed his first fish of a fine doggie of 2lb 1oz...... he was well chuffed and was happy to see him get hooked for life...... as he said......

SMILE FOR THE CAMERA! - THE FIRST FISH OF THE DAY - A DOGGIE OF 1LB 4OZ.....

tight lines and all the best,
by the way - how much for a one man tent???
sam.
good report m8 and a nice pic 2 the knap seems 2 be fishing well lately.TIGHT LINES

1 - 20 of 21 Posts