World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a hectic day in school i got home tired logged onto the forums and had a quick look and posted some replies, after that i got bord so i thought to myself 'FISHING!!!'. with a backpack full of as less tackle as possible a a packet of sandeels i headed off down the knap pebbles to fish an hour up to high and an hour down. as i got there and set up with first cast in the water i decided to set the brolly up top shelter from the horrid south westerlies which was a mistake as the wind caught it and off it went like mary poppins! it went all the way towards the knapo point steps before i could catch up with it and get it...... after another backbreaking attempt it was up safely with bags of pebbles to hold it in place... as i turned around to look atr the rod i noticed slow tugging and the line dropped slack, i thought 'here we go' and after a solid strike to set the hooks the rod bent over and a doggie was soon onboard land.... infact a puppy as it was not even 8oz..... smallest doggie io have ever caught..... it was soon unhooked and returned safely back into the murky depths....... by now a couple of boys from dow corning had set up alongside me fishing a match and were soon into doggies themselves.....high tide had come and passed and 3 doggies were on the score board with plenty of missed bites and a 6th doggie dropped on the surface. as the hour had gone from high i had managed 2 more doggies with biggest of the session being 1lb 9oz. also a few more missed bites had come my way. one other thing to mention was the guy next to me lost a good ray on the surface after a few minutes of huffing and puffing...... unlucky mate..... :schmoll: :giveup:
also the guy next to him had landed an eel of around 6 1/2 lb.
overall a very busy short session and a couple of hours well spent.......

ONE OF THE GANG - A VERY WELCOME WOOFER! :clap2:

tight lines and happy dangling,
steffyenck. :clap2: :clap3: :)

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice sesh steff not doing the comp tonight mate tight lines
nah m8..... dad in work and a bit of a late finish to be picked up.....
nevermind, thats why i fished yesterday.........

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
after a hectic day in school i got home tired logged onto the forums and had a quick look and posted some replies, after that i got bord so i thought to myself 'FISHING!!!'. with a backpack full of as less tackle as possible a a packet of sandeels i headed off down the knap pebbles to fish an hour up to high and an hour down. as i got there and set up with first cast in the water i decided to set the brolly up top shelter from the horrid south westerlies which was a mistake as the wind caught it and off it went like mary poppins! it went all the way towards the knapo point steps before i could catch up with it and get it...... after another backbreaking attempt it was up safely with bags of pebbles to hold it in place... as i turned around to look atr the rod i noticed slow tugging and the line dropped slack, i thought 'here we go' and after a solid strike to set the hooks the rod bent over and a doggie was soon onboard land.... infact a puppy as it was not even 8oz..... smallest doggie io have ever caught..... it was soon unhooked and returned safely back into the murky depths....... by now a couple of boys from dow corning had set up alongside me fishing a match and were soon into doggies themselves.....high tide had come and passed and 3 doggies were on the score board with plenty of missed bites and a 6th doggie dropped on the surface. as the hour had gone from high i had managed 2 more doggies with biggest of the session being 1lb 9oz. also a few more missed bites had come my way. one other thing to mention was the guy next to me lost a good ray on the surface after a few minutes of huffing and puffing...... unlucky mate..... :schmoll: :giveup:
also the guy next to him had landed an eel of around 6 1/2 lb.
overall a very busy short session and a couple of hours well spent.......

ONE OF THE GANG - A VERY WELCOME WOOFER! :clap2:

tight lines and happy dangling,
steffyenck. :clap2: :clap3: :)
good sesh there m8 well done:clap3: TIGHT LINES

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Floaty Phil and Sparkypete were down there last night as well, dogs, whiting and pouting for them. The Knap has been fishing fairly well really hasn't it! :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wel done Stef.

I thinking of giving a go on Saturday morning. The forecast said that the winds were dying a down a bit to about 12mph and more westerly than south westerly this time

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice One Steffy That Wind Was A Night Mare,too Packed Down There Yesterday For Me,rockling Did Say There Was A Match(stupid Me) Nevermind Blown Sloshs Have New Line On Now,going Out Tomorow!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts