World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Knap sat am

580 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  gibby12 
#1 ·
Fished it for just 2 hours with my kids this morning and had 3 dogs out on sandeel. They all came from a long way out; closer rod had barely a touch. The only ray I saw was a dead thornie which had been winged. Not a lot seemed to be caught around me apart from a few dogs and tiny whiting. Nice morning though.

#2 ·
I fished the knapp this morning as well HAd three dogs out first cast and thought it was gonna be one of those days. That was the highlight of the day. think I finished up with7 dogs and 2 small whiting. Fished at range with long and lows for a while but no rays about.

That easterly wind seemed to pick up for a while and things went pretty quiet.

#3 ·
i fished there this morning aswell lads. had a pouting on my 1st cast and then had 8 doggies. it was virtually a fish a cast. was any of you to lads next to me???? were you there with your familys?? cos 1 little lad came over to me cos i threw 1 of the dogs back in and went to rebait back up and the bloody thing had beached itself and ever time i threw him back he kept swimming back inshore. hahahaha. thanks to the little lad who told me anyway.

#4 ·
i seem to find that the knap fishes well before a hour of high tide, never caught anything after this? also with the doggies coming back to shore and grounding themselfs, apprently when they are brought in and your holding them up, thier stomachs fall down dowards the tail, so when you put them back they get dizzy and don't know what they are doing, i found unhooking them on the floor and releasing them much better, they just swim off

#8 ·
well done to you and your son mate on the fishing nice little session. yeah it was a great day for fishing. going back down there on monday morning to give it another try??? good sport those doggies sum nice one's caught 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.