World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone let me know what the best tactics are to use at the Knap - eg rigs and baits, and distance needed?

I tend to use a two hook flapper with size 2 hooks on one rod - with a little bit of mackerel and/or rag,

and on the other rod a pennel with size 2/0ish hook and a squid or big bit of mackerel.

I'm hoping to fish it a bit over the weekend and was wondering what others find successful.

Dave

· Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,654 Posts
i think you have it sussed out already mate with the tactics your using now....
i tend to take mackerel, sandeel and squid whenever i fish down there.....
i find you will catch fish at all distances here as there is always normally deep water at high water........

· Registered
1,221 Posts
I tend to use size 2 sakuma manta hooks (pennel) on a 30 inch flowing trace fished hard to the bottom (running ledger). 30Lb trace line as the doggies do rasp the line after a session, plus the extra strength may be of use when big skulking fish turn up!

Favourite bait? well if you bait it, they will bite it! But I tend to use Squid, lol Hence the psuedonym "Squid-U-Like".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.