World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Knap this morning, two hours up and hour and a half back.

Just fed the crabs for the first hour or so until I changed tackle and put on floating beads with a stop knot about 4 inches from the hook, which I assume kept the bait off the seabed . Then it was doggie bites every cast. Lost quite a few on the way in, and bought in 5. Bait was mackie and sandeel

It was nice just to have loads of bites.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
well done mate, doggies beat a blank!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping for some rays using the sandeel, but not a sniff! I'm going to give it another go once the weather dies down a little

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
At least the doggies are still around and that your braving the westerlies and poor weather!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
until about 12.30 there was hardly any rain and just a light wind. It freshened up a little towards the end but it wasn't a gale by any means.

I only left because I ran out of food!

At least the doggies are still around and that your braving the westerlies and poor weather!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I was hoping for some rays using the sandeel, but not a sniff! I'm going to give it another go once the weather dies down a little
Hi gazzawales you have to come a long with me next mth a see what we can do for you mate it will be a low water mark and night if thats ok tight lines

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just let me know where and when. I'm very interested.

I don't mind the walk at Monknash, it's not as bad as some make out.

Cheers,

Gaz

It is at that mate theres a good bass mark also where i fish at low water you do get some nice ones if you can get pass the congers thight lines or and its not rott bot now thats go you going he he

·
Registered
119 Posts
hi gazza..i think i may have spoken to you in the car park at the knap today...i had half a dozen dogs,fishing to your left...missed a stonka of a knock on mackie...hit it hard and then whatever it was,it let go...if it wasnt for the dogs i would mostly blank..all power to em....phil

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Fished the Knap this morning, two hours up and hour and a half back.

Just fed the crabs for the first hour or so until I changed tackle and put on floating beads with a stop knot about 4 inches from the hook, which I assume kept the bait off the seabed . Then it was doggie bites every cast. Lost quite a few on the way in, and bought in 5. Bait was mackie and sandeel

It was nice just to have loads of bites.
well done m8:clap3: :clap3: TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hiya mate,

yes it was me.

I can't think why people hate doggies so much, they've save my day on more than on occasion.

hi gazza..i think i may have spoken to you in the car park at the knap today...i had half a dozen dogs,fishing to your left...missed a stonka of a knock on mackie...hit it hard and then whatever it was,it let go...if it wasnt for the dogs i would mostly blank..all power to em....phil

1 - 18 of 18 Posts