World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lads i finally done it first ray from the shore 8lb thornie about a dozen dogs pout and whiting fished two up and two down bait was mackie, squid, sandeel and crab not bad for a short sesh back to work next week worst luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
natmatlew said:
well lads i finally done it first ray from the shore 8lb thornie about a dozen dogs pout and whiting fished two up and two down bait was mackie, squid, sandeel and crab not bad for a short sesh back to work next week worst luck.

nice one - was going to go there for two up & down but lost my f*****g car keys - kids had "kindly" put them in a bin bag.

Did you fish close to the rocks on the left? & how far out did you get the Ray?

Nice one.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks lads yes i was about thirty yards from the rocks and the doggies were about 60-80 yards out the ray was caught about 110 yards. bloody thing came staight to the surface so i knew what it was staight away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also fished down the Knap yesterday and caught my first ever fish! A very small Whiting. About 10 minutes later I caught a flattie. My mate caught 3 small things (possibly whiting/pouting/codling?).

All were caught using rag worm. A successful day for me and a good excuse to get out of the house and watch the sea while drinking a few beers.

p.s. all fish were returned safely!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
well done nat, gonna av a session this week,maybe tomorrow, we will see. ur bak in work next week then, hope ur health has improved m8, glad u had a good session,and welldone dave........

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep poach back to work for me cant afford to have anymore time off money running out. hoping to get out at the weekend dont know where yet iff the weather is sunney might fish the knap again if not could be anywhere?let me know how you get on durring the week?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Glad to see my favourite haunt is still producin thornies :)

May give tomorrow evening a try - few up few down.

(aint been fishin for 2 weeks now - got withdrawl - Been saving up for some worms ;).

Anyway - nice one Nat.

·
Registered
325 Posts
well done nat! i've only ever seen 1 ray caught off the shore,and its a great feeling when you get your first anything in fishing,congrats!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers lads have had countles rays from a boat and have been there when my mates have had them of the beach and i have caught everything else but yes one of my targets this year is under the belt try for a 15lb plus smothie and 25lb plus eel now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts