World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Fished incoming tide from 10pm til 4am this morning. Missed a damn good fish on the first cast (slack line bite and couldnt keep up with him). Missed him again! Just before midnight caught one dogfish and at 3am caught my first Spotted ray of around 4lb, dark spotted one and male (claspers). Both fish returned alive, ray photographed on my mobile (poor picture) .

Both caught on squid, size 2 Manta hooks. Nice bites during the session esp during the flood as there was a nice crunchy swell along the shoreline.

May go again soon! Anyone fancy a meet up?

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Hi,
Fished incoming tide from 10pm til 4am this morning. Missed a damn good fish on the first cast (slack line bite and couldnt keep up with him). Missed him again! Just before midnight caught one dogfish and at 3am caught my first Spotted ray of around 4lb, dark spotted one and male (claspers). Both fish returned alive, ray photographed on my mobile (poor picture) .

Both caught on squid, size 2 Manta hooks. Nice bites during the session esp during the flood as there was a nice crunchy swell along the shoreline.

May go again soon! Anyone fancy a meet up?
Well done mate :clap3: the slack liner could of been a bass because i had one out on sunday and that went like a train who knows i would of come with you on your next trip but i am off to west wales this weekend tight lines

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the slack liner! I missed him twice, a few nice bumps on the rod tip and then the line fell slack to the beach, quickly reeled up the slack and felt him running but coulndt hook him! It done it twice to me! I suspect its a bass as that bite was on a whole squid! Perhaps I should have used a bigger hook for bigger baits!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The male spotted ray I caught on the 3am HT. Poor picture I know, lamp on my head like a Darlek, holding the rod in one hand and new camera phone in the other, took picture (and my moby accidentally phoned my mate at 3am during the fumbling around). Not a happy bunnie - but funny really. This would not have happened if he decided to turn up as planned lol!

Nick

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts