World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a new 7ht mag, put some line on it and went down to the beach and noticed that the spool seems to be making a knocking sound when reeling in.
any ideas?

thanks
Dan

G

·
Check that the spool is central in cage,maybe a fault with spool construction,there's always one gonna get past quality control!

·
Registered
872 Posts
hopefully more like spool is too lose .
Align spool as central as poss and tighten end plate, and then un tighten untill there is a very very tiny bit of play..should be fine there on ..

silly it may sound ,the 3 securing end late screws come lose sometimes and cause knocking all 7hts sometimes suffer if not tightend correctly !

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the spool is not loose or tight..seems spot on, the screws are nice and tight, i've had a play around with the spool but won't be able to see what its like untill tomorrow when i go fishing.
will let u know when its like.

thanks
Dan

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Take it back before you use it and get a replacement....sometimes thats better than trying to diagnose the problem...it could be a number of different things

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take it back before you use it and get a replacement....sometimes thats better than trying to diagnose the problem...it could be a number of different things
I've used it..
if i can't fix the problem i will take it back, i know the person who owns the shop so i'm sure if it can't be fixed he will either replace it or send it back to daiwa.

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
The same thing happened to mine and it turned out to be a shagged bearing. Send it back to Daiwa or the shop you bought it from and it will soon be fixed.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
funny that,mine makes a slight knocking sound when reeling in,put some oil in it,seemed to go away for a while but is back,surely the bearings won't wear out that quick,mine has had hardly any use at all:unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts