World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
launched the boat this morning at 11.00am from knab rock with steven wood and daiboy. flat sea ,sunny sky and little wind.we headed straight out to the knoll bank off oxwich and and anchored down. we spent a few hours on the bank and were kept busy all the time we were there. alltogether we had about 15 dabs 50 dogs a couple of small huss and a small plaice.the wind soon picked up so we headed to pwll du bay for some shelter and were back into another load of dogs. all together a very enjoyable day.:clap2: P.S i wipped steves ass again:clap3: didnt i steve. DEAN.

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
well in there guys - nice session....
the weather was fantatsic aswell.... well done for beating steve....

M

·
0 Posts
launched the boat this morning at 11.00am from knab rock with steven wood and daiboy. flat sea ,sunny sky and little wind.we headed straight out to the knoll bank off oxwich and and anchored down. we spent a few hours on the bank and were kept busy all the time we were there. alltogether we had about 15 dabs 50 dogs a couple of small huss and a small plaice.the wind soon picked up so we headed to pwll du bay for some shelter and were back into another load of dogs. all together a very enjoyable day.:clap2: P.S i wipped steves ass again:clap3: didnt i steve. DEAN.
right i cant stands no more popeye. i won i saved the day lads deans boat was nearly crushed by a quarter of a million pound boat.:g: :g:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
[QUOTE. well done for beating steve....[/QUOTE]:roll1: :roll1: :roll1: :roll1: :roll1:
m8,any 1 can beat steve:punk: :punk: :punk:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
hi m8 im not out on the boat 4 a couple of weeks naw as the old man has just bought an avor 230as and were w8ing 4 the shetland 2 sell well have the new boat in about a week but ill need 2 get some practise in on it i dont wont 2 be bumping it in the lock lol when are u next out dean ??

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi m8 im not out on the boat 4 a couple of weeks naw as the old man has just bought an avor 230as and were w8ing 4 the shetland 2 sell well have the new boat in about a week but ill need 2 get some practise in on it i dont wont 2 be bumping it in the lock lol when are u next out dean ??
me, steve and andy2728 are towing the boat up to milford on sunday.we r meeting D.HARRIS with his warrior at hobbs point. have a crack at the ray and pollock.:clap3:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
me, steve and andy2728 are towing the boat up to milford on sunday.we r meeting D.HARRIS with his warrior at hobbs point. have a crack at the ray and pollock.:clap3:
go for it m8 - looking forward to the report of you beating steve again......

·
Registered
155 Posts
St Christophers Knoll used to be one of my all time favourote marks, I once took 11 turbot in 11 casts there. As you have seen its great for dabs and an occasional plaice, but this time next month expect some big tope and plenty or ray. The magic tide at Swansea is 11.6m, fish just uptide of the bank about two hours before low water using a plain lead just heavy enough to hold bottom; and hold on to your rod!!

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
St Christophers Knoll used to be one of my all time favourote marks, I once took 11 turbot in 11 casts there. As you have seen its great for dabs and an occasional plaice, but this time next month expect some big tope and plenty or ray. The magic tide at Swansea is 11.6m, fish just uptide of the bank about two hours before low water using a plain lead just heavy enough to hold bottom; and hold on to your rod!!
that sounds fun!:clap2: :clap3: :)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI DAVE,i have had plenty of ray on the bank over the last couple years but never had a tope there. I know the charter boys normally fish the deeper water marks off oxwich point. Apparantly the tope follow the electric cables past the head. tried it once last year and managed to lose my anchor and 150ft of rope. put me off a bit. DEAN.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Knoll is is hit or miss place for tope, but when its on form its fantastic. If you specofically want tope then fish the southern or deeper end of the Knoll, roughly in line with Pwll-du-Head.

Good luck.
Dave

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Knoll is is hit or miss place for tope, but when its on form its fantastic. If you specofically want tope then fish the southern or deeper end of the Knoll, roughly in line with Pwll-du-Head.

Good luck.
Dave
Thanks for the advice dave,will put it into practice soon and let u know the results DEAN.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
il whoop your arses!!! hahaha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts