World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me, steven wood, and andy2728 launched this morning from knab rock at 7am .the sea was quite choppy so we headed straight down to the knoll,slowing down a few times to troll some feathers for the macky but nothing about.:schmoll: staed on the knoll for a few hours where we had a steady stream of dogs and some nice size dabs along with some undersize whiting and gurnard.:clap3: got bored after a few hours so headed around oxwich point into porteynon to get some shelter from the wind and find some rough ground.:g: once anchored we started having some light tackle fun with the pollock and ballan wrasse.:clap2: biggest wrasse hitting 3lb and pollock to 2lb.:clap3: bites faded off towards slack tide so we headed back to the knoll for some more flatty action.:clap3: finished the day off inshore around langland bay with a few more wrasse. fab day out and the sea turned to a mirror on the flood.:clap3: FINAL RESULTS; about 30 wrasse, 12 pollock, loads of dogs, 6 whiting, 3 gurnard, about 40 dabs and a sun tan.:clap2: DEAN. p.s andy will post pics later.

M

·
0 Posts
me, steven wood, and andy2728 launched this morning from knab rock at 7am .the sea was quite choppy so we headed straight down to the knoll,slowing down a few times to troll some feathers for the macky but nothing about.:schmoll: staed on the knoll for a few hours where we had a steady stream of dogs and some nice size dabs along with some undersize whiting and gurnard.:clap3: got bored after a few hours so headed around oxwich point into porteynon to get some shelter from the wind and find some rough ground.:g: once anchored we started having some light tackle fun with the pollock and ballan wrasse.:clap2: biggest wrasse hitting 3lb and pollock to 2lb.:clap3: bites faded off towards slack tide so we headed back to the knoll for some more flatty action.:clap3: finished the day off inshore around langland bay with a few more wrasse. fab day out and the sea turned to a mirror on the flood.:clap3: FINAL RESULTS; about 30 wrasse, 12 pollock, loads of dogs, 6 whiting, 3 gurnard, about 40 dabs and a sun tan.:clap2: DEAN. p.s andy will post pics later.
and i missed a cracking bite the rod bent right over the back of the boat nevermind it will live another day for someone else:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
325 Posts
i did spot the boats off the knoll i didnt finish work til 4 it looked lovely off foxhole, it had bass written all over it! hopefully i,ll have the tilt/trim motor back this week and i,ll be able to start my summer boating it was good fun last year off the knoll and langland with some good bream showing and some nice summer codling, look out for a vimar 465 with a canvas cuddy .

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
good day guys got the boat in the water this mornin, now its clean got 29knots this mornin!!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good day guys got the boat in the water this mornin, now its clean got 29knots this mornin!!!
good going dorian. my engine is running sweet with my new ingector. was managing to get 28 knots out of her 3 up with the tide, but onlt 25 knots against the tide. thats trim tabs for u.:g:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
more comfy ride!!! im happy with it for now!!! only normaly have two on there!!! its shiney now!!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:clap3: brill day again. species are getting more as the summer gets closer.
just cleaned my mouse and spent 2 hrs looking for the ball after it rolled of table lol.will post pics asap

T

·
0 Posts
the fots of the lifeboat and chopper,are of a rescue between langland and mumbles on the 7th april,which great ecscape steve wood and myself were present at and actually assisted the coastguard:clap3:
bloody hell is that a guy hanging onto the grass up there. How the hell did he manage that

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
bloody hell is that a guy hanging onto the grass up there. How the hell did he manage that
:unsure: yep,there were two there,just to theire right is sort of a worn area,assune they bimbled down ,headed left and bottled it.they winnched them both up safely.:clap3:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:unsure: yep,there were two there,just to theire right is sort of a worn area,assune they bimbled down ,headed left and bottled it.they winched them both up safely.:clap3:

M

·
0 Posts
:unsure: yep,there were two there,just to theire right is sort of a worn area,assune they bimbled down ,headed left and bottled it.they winched them both up safely.:clap3:
i dont know who were scared more them or me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts