World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) well me and alec turned up at the carpark and kimone was there with his bait pump ready for some action, ( more about that later )
we walked out to the mark and now i know what daz and jase were on about , the whole beach is covered in a thick slop, bladdy hard walking in that gloop, we got to the bay just past the mussel beds ( couldn't be arsed walkin any further )
and decided to give kieths new bait pump a try, well after loads of tails i gave it to kieth , who also got loads of tails , then mi mate alec had a go and got seven or eight worms , but he couldn't explain how he did it, try as we might , me and kieth couldn't get a single worm ( roll on tuition day daz )
the place was full of kite surfers look at this vid , some of em were no more than a few yards from the beach

then the dredger came past,

and this is kieth stuck in the mud

this is kieth waiting for a bite

and alec

not a single bite between us , it was hard work casting in because if you stood in the same place for more than two seconds your feet were stuck solid ,
we decided to call it a day at 7 .15 pm , and lo and behold , kieth had one on , a nice plaice ( jammy buger :kissing: )

well we accertained a few things today , were crap at pumpin lug and the plaice have gone to pastures new for the summer,

twas a windy ( gale force ) day but nice all the same , and nice meeting you kieth , give us a bell next week and we can sort a trip out
cuberd

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
gloops not the word dave!!!!!!!

your right in saying that if you stood too long you stuck:blink:

silly me even tried a silly casts by trying to slide then chuck .......................................only resulted in me nearly goin ar*e over t*t ...which wasn't good :unsure:

will try and sort summet out for the pumping tuition will have to see what jays up to

sorry you blanked matey

tightlines..........................daz

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hard luck its always worse when you have got a good trudge back after a quiet session do you think the sloppy mud is down to the dredger working and did you notice how clear the water was ,last time i went it was crystal clear and it fished very well ,not sure what to do about tomorrow now !

·
Registered
68 Posts
was there on sunday blanked and the water was like drinking chocolate. i blamed the dredger for stiring all the mud up

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Well cubby looks like every kite surfer in the nw ad a day out pain in the backside
that dredger certainly making a mess of things there been at it for a few weeks now... same when we went everything covered in mud unlucky with the pump you will get the hang of it prob going pumpin friday if you are up for it 7.15am low :clap3: at least you ad a go lads beats work eh

·
Registered
125 Posts
come on lads don't knock the plaice :) it can fish well , but the mud or sand if you call it that is very hard. good tip don't be shy with ya bait, but if the fish arn't there. try agian....

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
come on lads don't knock the plaice :) it can fish well , but the mud or sand if you call it that is very hard. good tip don't be shy with ya bait, but if the fish arn't there. try agian....
time get that boat sorted tony wot needs doin to it to get it ship shape captin:boat:

·
Registered
125 Posts
engine needs service , electrics and just the wrong boat for what we need well thats what iv'e been told , didn't have a clue when i bought it , just the 80hp engine caught my eye..have a look and see what you think pal...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
engine needs service , electrics and just the wrong boat for what we need well thats what iv'e been told , didn't have a clue when i bought it , just the 80hp engine caught my eye..have a look and see what you think pal...
:boat: will do have a few mates who are good with boats engines electrics and anchors ect:boat: me if it dont sink will row it out hahaha :boat:

·
Registered
266 Posts
hi lads and thanks cuberdlad for the piccys and the post.
i did the wall at heysham first.... did three hours and not a bite i used fresh rag/fresh blow/fresh black and frozen macky ....ZIPO.
had a good chat to guy fishing down from me (i was at the gate) he was to my right and he had not had a bite also .
then went and got some dinner and went to knott end to meet the lads
jeeeezzzzuuuussss what a walk .
we got there and pumped like crazy like cuberdlad said we were crap (except for alex the star pumper) there is definatley a knack to that and im not giving up.
check out ........beach-caster.com ...pumping for lug.....got a really good print out dave and i think i know what we were doin wrong check it out see what you think.
good to meet the two lads if i had known they were taking pictures of me bein stuck in the mud for most of the session i would have returned the compliment and took some of them LOLOLOLOLL
god it was sticky if you stood still for too long you were in it over your ankles.
still it was a experience and i didn't know my fish was on just decided to pack up and wind in and there it was. once again great to meet a couple of really good blokes and fish my first low water mark thanks lads

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well cubby looks like every kite surfer in the nw ad a day out pain in the backside
that dredger certainly making a mess of things there been at it for a few weeks now... same when we went everything covered in mud unlucky with the pump you will get the hang of it prob going pumpin friday if you are up for it 7.15am low :clap3: at least you ad a go lads beats work eh
:) were can i meet you tony , i'me picking mi pump up thursday ,
and yes the water was like chocholate , and last time i was there we stood on sand not slop , it is a good place but not whilst the dredger is on there at the mo, its moored up next to the ferry and it will probably be gone in the next few weeks

cuberd

·
Registered
490 Posts
I know diesel's gone up but didnt expect to see the dredger cutting costs by putting a kite out ?!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know diesel's gone up but didnt expect to see the dredger cutting costs by putting a kite out ?!
:) what you cant see wilky is the dolphins they use to manouver it into the dock ,
aaaahhh these eco freindly times eh :blink:
cuberd

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Lads,
Was there myself on Monday with my good mate Markj.
Got his boat out and could only get out a couple of mile before it got too rough and we had to come closer inshore.:giveup:
In the hour or so we were out we landed 5 or 6 good Plaice between us,seems the fish are there!!
On coming back in and fishing the estuary, near where the ferry docks, didn,t get a bite, any of us.
Great day out but the numerous kite surfers seemed to be the only winners in that wind!
Cheers Mark you did a good job mate.
Plenty more trips planned...............
Stampy.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
same when me and connorhpe went out on the blue mink lasts friday stampy loads of fish about 1/4 of a mile out bite a chuk we need a good westerly to blow them in abit and colour the water up again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts