World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 of us from "kent sea fishing forum" crossed the boarder to originally fish "widewater" after picking up some prime "maddies" from mr puddles (cheers mate) we headed for "widewater" to be greeted by the "sargasso sea" after 2 casts we called it a day totally un-fish able...so we all agreed on fishing the nearest fish able venue "the west arm" after arriving at the venue we paid £2.00 to park (all day) and £4.00 to fish 2 rods for 12 hours
which if any off you have done an all-nighter on "the breakwater" in dover (£13 to park,£6 for the boat,£7 to fish) was dirt cheap.....any how we had a great days fishing catching various species..ranging from "golden grey mullet,black bream,mackies,red mullet,dab,schoolies" not many venues you can do that from not in kent any way and as big arnie always says "we will be back:fishing:

·
Registered
681 Posts
nice pics, the mullet do love it round there ive had a few myself, my mate even caught one ~1.5-2lb in his prawn net a couple of summers ago.
i dont think you can realy compare the prices between the west arm and the dover breakwater though, its a different kettle of fish, i think the marina is a better comparison.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really mate still only a concrete structure in a harbour, was only trying to point out how cheap it is to fish compared with most of the piers/breakwaters in kent with the "breakwater" being the dearest:spiteful:

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
nice work lads sounds like it turned out to be a good day after moving from the beach so nice to hear u didnt have a wasted trip and a few different species:fishing:

·
Registered
681 Posts
when did you 5 lads fish jeff was it yesterday (saturday)? judging by the pics you must have been the majority fishing there, you lads must have been a sight for sore eyes when the 5 of you appeared over the shingle path lol

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes mate, it was saturday there was quite a few on there, some on the lower platform float fishing and it seemed to get busier at night...what i liked about the venue is its not the longest of piers but it wasn't over crowded ,those fishing the bottom deck didn't interfere with those on the top:fishing:

·
Registered
681 Posts
yes mate, it was saturday there was quite a few on there, some on the lower platform float fishing and it seemed to get busier at night...what i liked about the venue is its not the longest of piers but it wasn't over crowded ,those fishing the bottom deck didn't interfere with those on the top:fishing:
glad you enjoyed your first trip there mate, tbh it seems like paying realy is the way forward to enjoy this venue because up untill a few weeks ago before the charges were brought in you could hardly move on there at the weekends due to the amount of anglers

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
And those on the top didnt interfere with me on the bottom deck.:fishing:

·
Registered
371 Posts
hi jeff,
glad you had a good days fishing!!!...did you have most of your
fish on the reds?....or did you have some of that fine kentish blacks
with you?

all the best mr puddles....:wiggle:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Excellent report - good to briefly catch up with skatenchips and glad you all enjoyed it.

Hope at least some of you guys will be back down our way for the SAS Intercounty bash next month at Widewater.

By the way, I hope that all those who fish the arm regularly - or used to when it was free - notice from those pics not a scrap of litter or sea weed!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Excellent report - good to briefly catch up with skatenchips and glad you all enjoyed it.

Hope at least some of you guys will be back down our way for the SAS Intercounty bash next month at Widewater.

By the way, I hope that all those who fish the arm regularly - or used to when it was free - notice from those pics not a scrap of litter or sea weed!
the strong wind must have blown it all away!!..lol...:wiggle:
i noticed it mark....looking forward to getting down there next week..
if i don't have too many reds to dig....:sad:
keep the good work up buddy!!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
only mackies as far as i know mate...but your right about "jay w" he certainly knows how to catch the mackies and gar, he even had a mullet:fishing:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
As a 1st visit to the arm,I have to say it was pleasent to find a clean structure and " lightly" policed....well if you call Lee cycling up and down to monitor things asking all the right questions....:fishing:

Also had a chance to meet,mark s who is behind the day to day running of the pier.....nice to meet you fella and I hope your endevours are seen thru by the local council...:fishing:

For anybody new to the arm,I purchased a couple of rigs and some quality lug and ragworm and was pleased with both.

Im the one holding the worlds smallist Dab poking me tongue out at jeffro.

Ok,so id have rather been on widewater but the SW wind had trashed the beach but if your looking for a safe haven for a session I would return to the west arm any time....:fishing:

also good to meet Jay w as well.

Gazza

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
As a 1st visit to the arm,I have to say it was pleasent to find a clean structure and " lightly" policed....well if you call Lee cycling up and down to monitor things asking all the right questions....:fishing:

Also had a chance to meet,mark s who is behind the day to day running of the pier.....nice to meet you fella and I hope your endevours are seen thru by the local council...:fishing:

For anybody new to the arm,I purchased a couple of rigs and some quality lug and ragworm and was pleased with both.

Im the one holding the worlds smallist Dab poking me tongue out at jeffro.

Ok,so id have rather been on widewater but the SW wind had trashed the beach but if your looking for a safe haven for a session I would return to the west arm any time....:fishing:

also good to meet Jay w as well.

Gazza
Thats a flounder and nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
you could well be right Jay,I normally avoid trying to catch the "embryonic" sized species fella....:fishing:...all I know is if ida licked its arrrsseee and stuck it on an envelope it would have sailed thru the postal service...:roll1:

Gazza

1 - 18 of 18 Posts