World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I thought i'd join here and start a post on the fishing in la gomera this year.

We are in lanzarote at the moment and should be heading to la gomera on thursday. be fishing friday. a boat from fuerteventura arrived day before yesterday and fished yesterday and caught a blue marlin of 413kg. we always see big fish in may so looks like they are there.

i'll keep you all updated on how we get on this summer.

if anybody has any questions on boat fishing in the canaries you can contact me at [email protected] i will try and answer your mails asap, but i am on the water all day every day and once we get in and clean the boat down and have a few cold ones i have to spend some time with the girlfriend and not on the pc or i'll be single again !!!

Catch'm up !
Jason.

www.teambocinegro.com

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well we went out on our first fishing trip here in la gomera today. we saw lots of bait and about 2 o'clock we raised a small blue around 200kg and got a lazy bite out of it on the OZ Prowler. the fish took line and then stopped and started shaking his head and threw the hooks.! We had a good look around in deep and shallow water and didn't see anything else, but still at least we saw a fish on our first day.....There's always tomorrow......
Cheers,
jason.

www.teambocinegro.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Jason - how are your water temperatures looking?

Think we have another 6-8 weeks of waiting before we get some decent temperatures up here on the algarve, currently around 19 degrees. Earliest blue marlin that I know of was caught in late June, and that was a long long way offshore.

Good fishing - Bob

T

·
0 Posts
Hi Jason

In your previous times in La Gomera have you come across the enormous Hammerheads that have a habit of hanging around the North Western (? tying to remember?) end over those sea mounts?

I've been tempted to come over and have a go for them.

Good fishing
Tom

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bob,

One of the most important things we look for at the begining of the season is sst's but would you believe my new sensor just bust and it's marking 80 deg C !!!! DAMN HOT !! will be getting on to lowrance first thing tomorrow to get a new one.
Anyway..... i reckon touching 20 thats normal for this time of year. Today we saw too many dolphins and pilot whales, and that was it. might go out tomorrow for a few hours in the afternoon and see if anything changes.

Tom,

that area is full of them small and big. there are records we could get for sure. we get them right in close to the beach as well, well a few hundred yards. Not one of the species we target normally but they are there ! We sometimes lay at anchor around the area of valley gran rey and mess around knee boarding last year we had about 4 hammers around us in 20m didn't stop us!!...but it does make you want to get up quick on the board !!

Cheers,

Jason.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi Bob,

One of the most important things we look for at the begining of the season is sst's but would you believe my new sensor just bust and it's marking 80 deg C !!!! DAMN HOT !! will be getting on to lowrance first thing tomorrow to get a new one.
Anyway..... i reckon touching 20 thats normal for this time of year. Today we saw too many dolphins and pilot whales, and that was it. might go out tomorrow for a few hours in the afternoon and see if anything changes.

Tom,

that area is full of them small and big. there are records we could get for sure. we get them right in close to the beach as well, well a few hundred yards. Not one of the species we target normally but they are there ! We sometimes lay at anchor around the area of valley gran rey and mess around knee boarding last year we had about 4 hammers around us in 20m didn't stop us!!...but it does make you want to get up quick on the board !!

Cheers,

Jason.

Hi Jason,

Hows the Wahoo fishing out there at the moment?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
La gomera is not the island you want to go to if you want to catch wahoo. They don't get many here. El Hierro is wahoo heaven and i would have thought you'd get alot more in tenerife than here. But as we don't target them I'm not sure if there are any around but if i had to put money on it i'd say there aren't any.
Where are you based in Tenerife?
Cheers,
Jason.

www.teambocinegro.com

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi Jason,

Ive just bought my first boat in Los Gigantes and am really just starting out in Game fishing.Ive done a fair ammount but always on others boats,mainly out of Puerto Colon so am a bit of a newbie to that side of the sport.Im hoping to get into some smaller Tuna,Dorado and Wahoo

We definately get the wahoo here, just wondered how you got on with them over there and if you had any tips on trying to locate them.

p.s nice catch with the Big eye!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have only fished 3 days since my last report and haven't seen much.
We have lost another blue which again came in very lazy probably went 500 lb. jumped us off on the bite. We have seen big bluefin several times and are targeting them today. I also saw a blue marlin tailing down sea. I only saw the tail but that was about 3 foot high so a real big fish. couldn't raise her and didn't get a bite.
Tuna boats are seeing alot of skippies only 60nm away so we should get some real action soon......
Jason.

wwwteambocinegro.com

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we have now started fishing full time. We went out for our first day yesterday and things looked fairly slow. at 14:00 a fish piled on Barts oz prowler and 30 minutes later we let a nice fish of around 600lb go. It was our anglers first blue marlin and he done a real good job, only 13 yrs old ! Seeing alot more bait now. Hopefully we can get him some more fish today !
Cheers,
Jason.
www.teambocinegro.com

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we fished each day this week and have seen very little on the 28th things changed and we caught a fish around 450lb on the striper candy. It was frank Perry’s second son this time to catch his first blue marlin, so everyone was pleased. And both brothers started arguing whose was bigger!!
We stayed in for a couple of days and headed out on the 2nd of June. The boats yesterday had said the water had changed and they had seen skippies and all 3 boats raised blue marlin. And one of them caught one. So that morning we were motivated. I have some shimano guys from the Benelux region and on our first day out had a blue pile on the blue breakfast which went about 400lb. we also saw some tunas bust but didn’t get to them in time. 3 other boats raised fish and another caught one around 600lb.
Today the 3rd we saw nothing. One boat caught a fish of 500lb and that was it.
Let’s see what today brings….

Cheers,
Jason.

www.teambocinegro.com

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fishing has been slow but it looks like fish are starting to turn up.
We have had 3 fish last week, 2 on the blue breakfast and 1 on the superplunger.
We have also seen the odd big eye tuna. 2 have been caught 1 of 133kg and the other one around 125kg. there are very few skipjacks but the water is warming up nice now. Across the fleet yesterday 10 fish were raised and 5 caught. Our fish was around 650lb but we have been seeing some smaller fish. Lets hope the big ones get here for july 4th…….

cheers,

Jason.

www.teambocinegro.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts