World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
i went a few weeks ago off the lady helen had 24 doggys and 8 whiting . the boys on the back of the boat had some lovley whiting over 2lb and some strappys. dont know wot its like now though. if my missus aint working on 23rd(got to look after daughter if she is) and if theres room left i might join u.

·
Registered
208 Posts
no body is having any cod in numbers mate, they have been having some nice conger, but it realy deepends on the weather, if they can fish scarweather you may find some cod but its hit or miss. Doggy

·
Registered
370 Posts
i am also thinkin of going on a boat but from penarth marina, does anyone know prices, boats?
I have never been on a boat fishing so i am quite looking forward to it, my idea of getting a boat myself is down the pan, i need some experience first!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
very wise m8. experience is a must. and when u go for 1st time dont have a huge meal,,, eat a few hours b4 u go.. trust me..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hav'nt been on the boats much. The only one I've been on is the Benjoma which was about £25 for the day. I'm told the Kobe is good .. I'm guessing the price is about the same.

·
Registered
370 Posts
the benjoma is the boat that i am looking at!
What fish do you catch, can i use a beachcaster and multiplier or do i need a bigger stronger rod, have they got a fish finder on board or dont they need one?
Did you pay them for your bait or did you get it yourself?

·
Registered
81 Posts
To be honest all I caught was dogfish the whole day although other people caught cod thornbacks and conger. If memory serves he actually hires rod and reels on the boat for about £5.00 .. a beach caster is too big to take on the boat (he takes up to a dozen people at a time). You will need to take your own rigs though. Most people just use a running ledger of about 2 foot with a pennel setup at the end. I brought my own bait .. I dont think he provides that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
hi

just to let you know i live local and often go out the boat having one of my own just to let you know the prices of the boats theres one down barry haboour called anchor man 3 hes a very nice bloke called dave (07974 101888/01446 403168) its a new pro charter 40ft offshore does about 30nts and does around 9hour trips day/nightgood boat charges £25.00.Theres a few boats down penarth called (nicole brand new cat boat , chara, kobe, predator, predator3 and the lady helen which is under new owner ship and charges between £20 & £25 nice chap. If you look in the back of the sea angler magizine you will find all of the details for these boats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts