World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive often criticised the the lady helen as being an old boat and very slow etc but Ive just heard that he is buying a new boat, a brand spanking new fast procharter ! :clap3:

·
Registered
98 Posts
thats good news then bigray would be nice to see a new pro charter turning up,
heard that the new white waters nearly ready, nice big 515hp cat in her, and theres that new 33 vigilante turning up after its been to work boat show. it has twin's in it not sure what type, but she will do 40knots on legs ,chap who's got it is going to work it, at the mo he runs the big rib in the bay nice guy too,
seem's we will have a good choice of fast boats this winter, tight lines.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
heard that the new white waters nearly ready, nice big 515hp cat in her, and theres that new 33 vigilante turning up after its been to work boat show. it has twin's in it not sure what type, but she will do 40knots on legs ,chap who's got it is going to work it, at the mo he runs the big rib in the bay nice guy too,
certainly is good news. has been on the cards for a little while now.

Good luck to mike and danny with the new boat, with the marks they have and a new boat all adds upto some more good trips.

john

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
All very well having these massive engines..but with the increase of fuel prices..means these big beasts need more fuel,,which means charter trips will increase in price/or skippers will be less inclined to travel to distant marks!!

Just a thought!

·
Registered
98 Posts
you could say that fuel is a big thing when it comes to boats, all that comes, with inflation and cost of living i supose, thing is marcus think most of us would pay the extra fiver or so, just to get out there, even if the government do dump the red, all commercial and charters claim it back every quarter, the ones i feel sorry for are the private boats, my feelings are most of the boats in most ports are all big engines, so they are making money good luck to them all, they provide us the means to get out there. happy fishing boys,

·
Registered
100 Posts
All very well having these massive engines..but with the increase of fuel prices..means these big beasts need more fuel,,which means charter trips will increase in price/or skippers will be less inclined to travel to distant marks!!

Just a thought!
i, ll back that up as i own my own boat and by damn it does make a differance as regarg cost.

·
Registered
965 Posts

Just a thought!
Good point Marcus but also consider if the baot has more power then it can get to the marks quicker, therefore more fishing time! Also with a quicker boat they may be more inclined to travel further? all depends on how much the skipper wants to catch fish or just to make money I guess !

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny thing is we only need the faster boats to venture west during the warmer months, it makes little difference during the winter months chasing the cod as there only a few miles from Cardiff

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Just a thought!
Marcus, massive engines don’t necessarily mean increased fuel consumption, yes if you put a more powerful engine into an old displacement hull then yes fuel costs will increase dramatically, however if you put a new big motor into a modern planning hull then not only will it be significantly faster but it will also be significantly more efficient per mile, which means that the skipper is more likely to go further to catch you fish!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you could say that fuel is a big thing when it comes to boats, all that comes, with inflation and cost of living i supose, thing is marcus think most of us would pay the extra fiver or so, just to get out there, even if the government do dump the red, all commercial and charters claim it back every quarter, the ones i feel sorry for are the private boats...
We dont mind paying a bit extra if we actually catch fish !!!!

As for private boats, just watch their value fall as the fuel doubles in price. Ive sold my boat already, its cheaper to pay a charter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
John, the only marks LadeHelen have are the few that Danny learnt from Steve (Nikikou)
just to put you in the picture, danny started crewing on boats when he was 14, the first boat he crewed on was the chara,long before steve off the nikypoo, bought the helen from swansea, all the skippers from penarth know there stuff,yes some better than others, but thay all had to start somewhere, as for fishing mark's thay keep changing too,as thay say you learn something new every day,give cred where its due boys.

·
Registered
98 Posts
We dont mind paying a bit extra if we actually catch fish !!!!

As for private boats, just watch their value fall as the fuel doubles in price. Ive sold my boat already, its cheaper to pay a charter.
eye, eye ray, i seen you out by the barrarge fishing on hooker,4 the bass again, you now thay are going to ban you again from the bay if you keep doing it,how many did you get this time littel fella, ur a boy aint you,time now 6.25, big bro is watching

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eye, eye ray, i seen you out by the barrarge fishing on hooker,4 the bass again, you now thay are going to ban you again from the bay if you keep doing it,how many did you get this time littel fella, ur a boy aint you,time now 6.25, big bro is watching
Your getting me confused with someone else yet again !!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just to put you in the picture, danny started crewing on boats when he was 14, the first boat he crewed on was the chara,long before steve off the nikypoo, bought the helen from swansea, all the skippers from penarth know there stuff,yes some better than others, but thay all had to start somewhere, as for fishing mark's thay keep changing too,as thay say you learn something new every day,give cred where its due boys.
Say no more, Chara and Lady Helen, the two worst charters in Penarth !!! :yucky:

So you trying to say Danny has more experience than Steve, you must be off your head !!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Say no more, Chara and Lady Helen, the two worst charters in Penarth !!! :yucky:

So you trying to say Danny has more experience than Steve, you must be off your head !!!!
not getting into that one, all i said is that dannys been doing it 4 a long time, give the boy credit, he knows his stuff didnt say he was better or worse than anyone else, as i said all the skippers down the marina know there stuff, yes i grant you that the old boys have had there day, and dont move with the times, but what you must remember thay were the guys who laid the fondations for the new blood today.just go fish be happy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.