World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first how many skippers would burn a load of fuel for one?? Rob would I kid you not he just loves it.......
No seriously Rob and myself went on a jolly down to Aberthaw, the aim was to catch some rays.....

The trip was a no pressure, relaxing trip with a lot of chilling and a little fishing.

I know there is UK obsession with cod which is fine but not for me, i like variety lol

So back to the fishing we got to Aberthaw at just after 7.30 rods in and instant action, we had a few rays, eels and whiting.
Rob had a blonde i had good size small eyed rays then the tide got to strong, we moved on the inside.
On the inside there there were four or five other charter boats.

We continued to catch blondes, small eyeds and thornbacks on a regular basis, in between huge amounts of bacon sarrnies, sausage sarnies , cake and copies amounts of tea and coffea.

When the tide slacked right off we opted tomove back out into some faster water - it wasnt long that we started to hit some better rays, in fact the stronger the tide became the more we caught, however catching bigger rays in strong tides just aint fun and both Rob and I lost some very good fish which wouldnt budge. Hey ho i had great fun when the tide was "slacker" using my islander 6-12lbs braid rod on the rays, doubled in half and you truly get a nice fight without much tide.

Well relaxed, lots of fish and great company.

If calsberg done THE complete fishing package then it would be on the lady Jue - spoilt is the word!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
there isnt many skippers that would do that you are right, the man must have a passion for fishing well done rob!!!
keith

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
well done guys fair play to rob going out with one other

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dont get me wrong it is a business he runs and so going with one is not the "the norm" he just fancied a session himself. As most know Rob often goes out on his own fishing so i just tagged along and helped towards his fuel bill lol.

His vennison sarnies are worth a trip alone................
And the brill fishing was just the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Aye, he's dedicated is Rob - we did the same thing overnight last Weds - Thurs. Only thing is he caught almost all the fish that night! (There weren't many). Apologies for the threadjack - I promised Rob I put up a pic of his double hookup (having only two on the boat means 3 rods each!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts