World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My trip to Laga Lodge on Sunart has finally arrived (Saturday) and Iv'e been buggin Andy with questions all week about what gear i need for the skate, spurs etc and he has been brilliant but one question i forgot to ask was can i top up with petrol locally or do i need to do it en-route. I am travelling from Yorkshire & by the time i get there i will be "running on fumes". I am planning to travel via the M8/Erskin Bridge/A82 to the Corran ferry. Can anyone with local knowlege help me out.

Thanks SH

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
fortwilliam is better for petrol than the one at strontian.oban may be ur best bet.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
After you cross the Erskine Bridge and turn left onto the A82, you'll come to the Esso 24hrs service station on your left at Dumbuck. There is a BP one across the road for your return journey. Both of these are fairly well stocked and have reasonable fuel prices compared to others.

If you miss that, the Gleaner Fuels garage at North Ballachullish is reasonably priced for the area (surprisingly!). I pass it every week, but during office hours. Not sure when it opens to? This is only a couple of miles before the Corran Ferry and about 90 miles from the Erskine Bridge.

Hope this helps?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your help, again you have been stars. Have been sorting through my fishing gear today (was going pigeon shooting but its pi##ing down here) how the hell im going to get all my gear/rods/food/drink/dog/kids and partner into a ford focus i dont know.

SH.

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Thanks for all your help, again you have been stars. Have been sorting through my fishing gear today (was going pigeon shooting but its pi##ing down here) how the hell im going to get all my gear/rods/food/drink/dog/kids and partner into a ford focus i dont know.

SH.
Well you don't really need the kids/partner!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hiya Makembow,

I guess you have a black, four legged, waggytailed, thieving, hoovernosed waste disposal unit. (Otherwise known as a lab !)

SH.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I have a Ford focus and can fit in loads(mine is the estate)
Plan the packing right and you'll surprise yourself.

Jim

ps start with fish kit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts