World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just come back from holliday staying near Lamorna I fished Lamorna rocks, twice Penberth, Twice and Porthcurno twice and caught just one Wrasse at Porthcurno Two Wrasse at Lamorna But Penberth was the best I caught 6 wrasse in 1 hour and a pollock. I was using a pulley wrigg most of the time using wrag and lug. I used sand eels at Porthcurno on a two boom wrigg and did not get any bites yet I saw plenty of Bass when snortling. How can I catch any thing other than Wrasse. Their were no peeler crabs in the bait shops not sure why not?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have just come back from holliday staying near Lamorna I fished Lamorna rocks, twice Penberth, Twice and Porthcurno twice and caught just one Wrasse at Porthcurno Two Wrasse at Lamorna But Penberth was the best I caught 6 wrasse in 1 hour and a pollock. I was using a pulley wrigg most of the time using wrag and lug. I used sand eels at Porthcurno on a two boom wrigg and did not get any bites yet I saw plenty of Bass when snortling. How can I catch any thing other than Wrasse. Their were no peeler crabs in the bait shops not sure why not?
fishing lamorna and penberth daytme with rag worm you will catch wrasse, float fish sandeel may find you a pollack or coalfish, trigger fish show up near the crab pots some years if you fish porthcurno use live eel in daylight changing to lug worm as it goes dark if you are looking for bass, day time will find you rays ,the odd turbot or plaice, fishing under the minack there is a rock called mackerel rock you can quess why, many different fish show up in this area best bet is to choose one venue and stick at it then you can be sure to be there at the right time
As for peeler crab i have got plenty now but they have been hard to get for the last few weeks maybe because of the amount of rain and the low tempertures in this part of the country also the tides have been very small making it difficult to find any
Better luck next time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts