World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cause yesterday was not a good day ..............:headhurt:

started with billy bennett on the way to pumping some worms for the lancs v cumbria match running into the back of my bike {bladdy landrover owners }

fourtunatly no damage done ..............

next not being able to fish the match cause of getting up early ,

then as i left the gynn at around 9:30pm it started raining what a bummer .........hope the lads didnt get to wet

then i'd been home no more than 10 mins when some little scroats go past the house and knock my bike over and try nicking it so i went after them ........things got a bit heated as i pulled up to them as a couple of lads i no decided to take the law into there own hands and one of the scroats pulls a knife and stabs one of my mates then they bolt ..........

well within 10 mins the estate is crawling with police and i'm still up waiting to make a statement as i write ,

the lad nathen is fine not a bad one but could have been worse ,

now then some pics and vids from earlier hopefully the lads have had a good'un and will add there bit

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
part 4

funniest 2 things ive seen in ages

billys tripod anchor ...........lol

and steviet with billy bennett

tightlines....................daz

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
thanks to all that turned up the weather was cra# and the fishing not much better
to lancashire skipper bobby for great burgers and a speech that put churchill to shame
to all my fellow cumbrian teammates to come all this way and fish in those conditions well done
thanks for all the lancashire lads who came down and a special thanks for not lynching me on the spot as others will tell the full story
you all raised a fantastic £361.20 that will be presented to lytham r.n.l.i. this week
31 fished 16 lancys and 14 cumbrians and a man that was promised a go with the sheep and boy did that feel good
the result well others can tell that tale sorry lancs :kissing:but the sheep was too much of a temptation
just hope everyone gets home safely and lancs lads take it easy with me ...
proud of you all andy
ps i have a 100%record in these matches all bribes for the rematch just send a pm , ps dress sheep in black undies and you get me 100%
thanks again andy (wormgutz) :victory:

·
Registered
61 Posts
If parking on the prom to fish the Gynn Wall is sometimes a big issue how come so many cars did not attract the attention of the local Constabulary ? - thought they would have a field day !
Thinking of fishing it myself in the not to distant future but previous posting on here concerning access etc is a little contradictory especially when you see the amount of cars in one of the pictures above !
Well done Cumbria.

·
Registered
457 Posts
"If parking on the prom to fish the Gynn Wall is sometimes a big issue how come so many cars did not attract the attention of the local Constabulary ? - thought they would have a field day !"

Am I perhaps unfair to suggest plod is only interested in "Soft targets" these days? Two many cars and bodies I reckon. I see them regularly hiding in the bushes near Kirby Lonsdale attempting to Lazer individual bikers. I even saw one laid on his fat belly in the long grass on the Clapham by-pass last year. Pretending perhaps he was in a war film shooting the enemy? Who knows but it wazzed off a lot of "ordinary" car drivers including me.

cheers
Kickstart

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well done for all the guys who came out to play yesterday
well done beachy ,even if you are gay.
binza blanked again,(his tame bass got lost on the way down)
pistol giving dolly one, all night!!!!
young binza well done on the raffle

wheres the decider?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
made the mistake of leaving my computer logged in and unattended with beachy blue staying over. anyway had a good night even if the weather was crap, got home to have a few cans but the cumbrian lightweights could not take the pace and within 1/2 an hour they were all tucked up in bed,snoring and farting. leaving it to me and billy no fish to finish all the beer off.
andy wormguts you traitor, a 100 years ago you would have been hung fishing for the enemy. you are like the lord haw haw of lancashire.
well done to all who turned up,on a bad night ,lets hope the re match is better.both fish and weather wise.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Well done to the Cumbrians!:sad:

All credit to them for making the effort to trek down for the match on a ghastly night.

Sorry we couldn't get the fish to play out.
Met some smashin lads, and had the pleasure of fishing with Binza...top bloke.:clap:

Now for the decider..............:g:
Well done everyone.:clap:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
so what was caught and any more pics ..good things these comps lads we have been doing here for a while now and we are now on rematch x 7 .get more pics up lads andy ilsf..

team wales rematch x 6 ginst point west wales july 08
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
will get full run down on later with all the points not got time yet got to work

was a good night though just a pity the fish didn't want to play

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
having the re match in wales would be a good idea,and maybe some of the welsh lads could drum up a team and make it a 3 way match, just a thought.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
having the re match in wales would be a good idea,and maybe some of the welsh lads could drum up a team and make it a 3 way match, just a thought.
Lancs v cumbria v Wales in Wales? It's a no brainer Billy...easy win for lancs :roll1:

Can't wait for the final scores on the doors, then we'll find out how much that bloody traitor wormgutz has cost us. I saw him taking a rolling pin to his fish so i think his score should be wiped off.:spiteful:

·
Registered
689 Posts
:cc_surren:cc_surrenthanks to all that turned up to fish this meet not to many fish landed but there you go one or two got a bit damp but all in all a good night had by all i hope great raffle great prizes (no tony i dont want the pens) and most of all a great cause see you all again thanks:cc_surren:cc_surren.bob ps andy for priminister

·
Registered
457 Posts
..... well done lads, :clap::clap::clap:you did well on a lousy tide to fish...... I don't know what bait you ended up using, whether it was the goldfish flakes or the winegums, but I've never seen so many ready frozen fish caught at the Gynn before (and some already prepared for the table and heat sealed in bags).... we've never managed to catch many of them round here before!!:fishing::fishing:
.... seriously tho well done and it was good to meet up with you guys and enjoy a bit of craiq ...... Thanks for a good evening in good company ......... ......... .......... did I mention that I blanked yet!!:sad:

Tight lines all
Billy

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Her you go lads a full results run down, home team first seen as they came last :clap::clap::clap:

Biggest fish Beachy Blue Flounder 38cm 64 points

Biggest Bag Wormgutz 3 Flounders 97 points

Lancs

Bob Mathews 16
Billy no fish 18
Tony C 64
Flyde Phil 21
Corley Boy 72
Danix 25
Frank 25
Abumania 35
Blackburn Lad 12

Total 288

Cumbria

Beachy Blue 64
Wormgutz 97
Rayvenini 10
Fishysteve 24
Steviet 20
Young Binza 48
Bradley 57 40

Total 303

Well done to everyone that turned up and to all the organisers another well run and enjoyable night, better still that Cumbria won !

When and where is the rematch going to be then lads ? we need a neutral venue, any suggestions ? I fancy an away day to wales we all fish hollyhead breakwater nice easy comfortable fishing and allways loads of fish to catch, we could make it a 12 till 12 match seen as its a long way down.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts