World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Hi all,

I am looking for the GPS coordinates of the Landing craft (the barge) just off Brighton. I think it is about 1.5 miles from Banjo Groyne but I'm not sure at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

lagachette (http://www.sussexkayakfishing.co.uk/)
According to Dive Sussex there is one at 50 47 260N , 00 07 000W lying in 17m of water and one called Working Barge at 50 48 030N , 00 06 120W. Hope that helps:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Don`t bother with the book. The numbers are well out.

Alan

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Alan,

I've heard there's some good bass on that mark. I fish on a Malibu kayak so I can only reach wrecks that are 2miles max from the shore and I've heard this wreck is fairly close to the shore.
I'd be really grateful if you could give me some pointers, although I'm starting to realise that some wrecks are a closed guarded secret.

cheers,

Bruno

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
The one I know is a fair way out from the marina and could well be outside your range, it`s a very,very small wreck. You get some Bass there at times but it will be a very long paddle in a little boat for possibly very little return.
There is another small barge closer in that is a tiny lump on the bottom but I don`t have the numbers for it I`m affraid.

I`ll fnd the numbers on the boat for the barge I know and PM them but it might be a bit far as I said.

Forget that Dive Sussex book as you will be on a wild goose chase with it.

You would be better off in a kayak fishing some of the lumpy bits on the Jenny Grounds and off Saltdean with some live prawns or better still a livebait for Bass when the water clears.

Alan

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'll second that about the book being 'generous' with its positions!!

There is a few remains of an old bucket dredger off shoreham power station. Much easier to reach from the shore with a kayak.

Maybe the steam trawler is a bit far out for you, unless you can get a perfect day? That does show a few bass!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It's probably just inside your 2 mile limit, but being directly in-line with the Marina entrance, you could well find yourself staring down the bow wave of a 50ft gin palace!!

It gets VERY busy out there, especially on the sort of days that would enable you to get that far out.

Nice weather = lots of 'day trippers'.......:fishing1::fishing1:

There are some good Bass to be had all the way along the cliffs from Brighton to Eastbourne.

Why paddle out that far when you can catch big fish in close?

If you want a tow out to some deeper wrecks - that can be arranged:g::g:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
had a few sessions off Brighton marina and you're right about day trippers, not all of them know what they're doing.
We're a small group of about 4-8 kayak fishermen and we tend to fish around the same spot so its easier to see us all as opposed to just one. There's also a buoy almost opposite the harbour and I've fished there before which wasn't bad at all. The only thing with this spot is that its often used during regata (had an interesting session there once :)

I've caught a few bass between seaford and Brighton on the kayak but never anything above 4-5lb. I'm sure there're some good spots out there but I haven't found them yet. to be honest, the weather hasn't been great so far, hopefully it'll improve.

Nevertheless, if you even want to try kayak fishing I'll be happy to help you out.

cheers,

Bruno (http://www.sussexkayakfishing.co.uk/)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
To be honest Bruno, 5lb Bass from the cliffs is about as good as you'll get from the barges!! Probably better.

You've also got the Inverclyde just to the East of the Marina. Gets busy with divers over the slack water though.

Alan said he was keen to 'get wet in rubber'!! Give him a speargun and whiplash will be sold in a week.......

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
had a few sessions off Brighton marina and you're right about day trippers, not all of them know what they're doing.
We're a small group of about 4-8 kayak fishermen and we tend to fish around the same spot so its easier to see us all as opposed to just one.
You really don`t want to be where that barge is on a Sunday as it`s right in line with the course the sailing club use for their races.

I would really keep away from in front of the marina in a kayak as you are asking for trouble. If there is a bit of a swell speed boats and inflatables are hard to see when your motoring along in a boat as you often get hid behind the waves. Not to mention the nutters that like to do 30 knts everywhere which are likly to plough into you.

Alan

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
To be honest Bruno, 5lb Bass from the cliffs is about as good as you'll get from the barges!! Probably better.

You've also got the Inverclyde just to the East of the Marina. Gets busy with divers over the slack water though.

Alan said he was keen to 'get wet in rubber'!! Give him a speargun and whiplash will be sold in a week.......
To hopes of me diving!! Bob Hope and No Hope!!!

I hear far to many mayday calls about divers to ever want to do it!!

Alan

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
You will be fine.Steve will hold your hand and I will hold the boat.You will love it and I will be waiting upstairs for your return.
After you Ron !!! I`ll hold the coats :icecream:

Alan

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
You will love it and I will be waiting upstairs for your return.
I think you've done your own quote of the week there :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts